• Show
Clear All

• Starting sparring tomorrow

Any advice?

Don't forget your mouthpiece.

Comment

Hit him. Alot.

Comment

My trainer told me he was going to put me against one of his best guys and just tell him not to hit me too much so I can learn.

Comment

Keep your hands up.

Comment

Stay busy, circle away from his power hand, keep your hands up, and stick to the basics.

Comment

You're overly worried about sparring if you had to make a thread about it.

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
                You're overly worried about sparring if you had to make a thread about it.
                i think he just wantes attention in another thread some guy made he said he never tightened his abs during sparring now his saying that hes gonna start it tomorrow lolz.

Comment

Try to anticipate what your opponent will do.

Keep your hands up at all times. Blocking punches with your face isn't ideal!

Comment

ah yes, freshmeat........... this guy that you are supposed to spar will certainly be hitting you, maybe not hard but he will be keeping you honest.

The jab is the greatest tool that you posses. Whether short or tall learning to work a good jab is huge. Remember that there is another target besides your opponents head, that ofcourse is his belly. Make him defend both areas instead of just one area. I'll bet, with you being freshmeat, that he'll mention that he was impressed that you even considered touching the body.....Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                    X