Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the most famous fights that are confirmed to have been fixed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the most famous fights that are confirmed to have been fixed?

I want to see what it looks like the different ways fighters fix fights, pull their punches, stuff like that, so I can spot it when it happens again, probably in the next PPV that gets put on the schedule lol... which fights should I watch to get a good idea of how it's done?

some people say this is a fix but imo i thought that was a devastating shot!

Comment

Jake Lamotta vs Billy Fox might be the most famous cuz he's admitted to it.

I believe there were several Mark Gastineau fights that were fixed by that fat Elvis looking promoter. The Doc Anderson fight is sorta kinda one I guess you could say cuz Doc was allegedly drugged for the rematch after he beat Gastineau the first time around.

And Bob Arum had some alleged fixed fights with Butterbean & Jorge Paez back in the day that come to light during the IBF situation.

Comment

I dont care what anyone says but that Juan Manuel Marquez vs Likar Ramos was SUPER questionable.

Comment

Canelo vs GGG 1 & 2, judges were totally bias.

Comment

The Boxing Union of Ireland suspended the purses of both fighters, amid reports that unusually high amounts of money had been bet on McDonagh to win inside the distance. The BBC reported that odds on McDonagh to win via fifth-round stoppage had dropped from 125-1 to 18-1 by the afternoon of the bout.
            It looks almost as if he doesn't want to do it so is doing an intentionally bad acting job. A shame because Gomez was likeable as a fighter, especially vs Arthur a couple of years before this.

I thought Danny Green vs Briggs was an obvious fix, and again Briggs was a likeable fighter, was entertaing vs Adamek, but I'm guessing he realised in training his body was shot and so just bet on Green by 1st round KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Delay View Post
              Canelo vs GGG 1 & 2, judges were totally bias.
              You right, it should of been Nelo by U.D. in BOTH fights.

Comment

Mike Tyson vs Clifford Etienne

Only time I've see a fighter get knocked out and take out their own mouthpiece

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post

It looks almost as if he doesn't want to do it so is doing an intentionally bad acting job. A shame because Gomez was likeable as a fighter, especially vs Arthur a couple of years before this.
                  Wow. Don't think I've heard of this one or recall it anyway, but this is like the perfect type of fight to fix. Get a name enough guy that that'd make odds on the fight vs a 7-11 (1KO) fighter who'll take the dive by KO for crazy f#cking odds. I mean if you are fixing a fight you wanna do some crazy sh^t like this matchup to make it worthwhile on the backend. F#ck man if that was legit fixed whoever fixed that probably made out like bandits.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post

I thought Danny Green vs Briggs was an obvious fix, and again Briggs was a likeable fighter, was entertaing vs Adamek, but I'm guessing he realised in training his body was shot and so just bet on Green by 1st round KO.
                    Gomez was a solid domestic level fighter but yeah, this was always really suspicious. I never watched it live but remember reading about it somewhere, thanks for the vid!

Comment

Working...
                    X