Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Law Experts? Bill Cosby Settle Out OF Court and Still Got Charged?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
    O I know that, its always the state who press the charges against you. Im saying why settle than?

why does anyone settle if she can just take the stand against you anyways.

He settle without for 3.6 million it said but she still yapping her mouth and testitified against him?

at the very least can he counter sue for violating the civil suit?
    I was wondering that too.

Cuz he's buying her silence basically. So if the police DO COME to see if something criminal happened her job would seemingly be to stfu about what he did cuz he's paid her to do so. Obviously she didn't stfu doe.

Although I'm guessing you can't actually buy someones silence against authorities who come asking questions might be the problem with the civil payoff. Or you can't break a law, withholding info about a crime, no matter what someone has paid you in a civil situation.

But I'd be curious about the specifics legally on how you can pay someone off & still get jail time over evidence you seemingly paid to get shutdown.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      I will have to take your word for it. You should have had your child with her then.
      I wish I had. I tried hard to get her to be CJs mother. He loves her and she would have been good for him, and good to him. All I can do is keep trying

Comment

The difference is one is civil law and the other is criminal. In the criminal law sector its defined to punish and deter like conduct. In the civil sector it is designed to “make one whole” that is to remedy damages

Like oj Simpson who was acquitted but later lost a law suit. Bothe are different and have different evidence standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
          The difference is one is civil law and the other is criminal. In the criminal law sector its defined to punish and deter like conduct. In the civil sector it is designed to “make one whole” that is to remedy damages

Like oj Simpson who was acquitted but later lost a law suit. Bothe are different and have different evidence standards.
          That OJ one is weird to me. So criminally they couldn't prove that he did it. So he is seen as innocent but civil found him guilty. So how can you take all an innocent man's money from him when you couldn't prove him criminally guilty.

So which one of these courts do you look to as telling the truth? One found him innocent; one found him guilty.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
            I wish I had. I tried hard to get her to be CJs mother. He loves her and she would have been good for him, and good to him. All I can do is keep trying
            I am saying why didn't you get her pregnant instead?

Comment

I am saying why didn't you get her pregnant instead?
              Just wasnt meant to be, I guess

Comment

That OJ one is weird to me. So criminally they couldn't prove that he did it. So he is seen as innocent but civil found him guilty. So how can you take all an innocent man's money from him when you couldn't prove him criminally guilty.

So which one of these courts do you look to as telling the truth? One found him innocent; one found him guilty.
                The burden of proof is much lower in civil court. In criminal court, it's beyond a reasonable doubt, whereas in civil it's just a preponderance of the evidence. That simply means more likely than not, basically 51% of the evidence

Comment

Just wasnt meant to be, I guess
                  I see.........

Comment

Yeah, it's basically like Tomjas said. The civil matter between Mr Cosby and the plaintiff and the criminal matter between Mr Cosby and the state, are two separate and distinct matters.
                    Yeah. Reminds me - OJ got off on criminal charges but had to pay out on the civil suit

Comment

The burden of proof is much lower in civil court. In criminal court, it's beyond a reasonable doubt, whereas in civil it's just a preponderance of the evidence. That simply means more likely than not, basically 51% of the evidence
                      I know that, yes.

But is he guilty or not guilty?

Which court should we use to judge whether he did it or not? One says guilt and one says not guilty. Which one of them has it right?

Comment

Working...
                      X