Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe City or Barca or someone like that would carve open Newcastle with more regularity but they defended well and Benitez is probably the best coach in the world and setting that kind of performance up. It is why he’ll keep Newcastle up but their team is a bit championship apart from a few players

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      Maybe City or Barca or someone like that would carve open Newcastle with more regularity but they defended well and Benitez is probably the best coach in the world and setting that kind of performance up. It is why he’ll keep Newcastle up but their team is a bit championship apart from a few players
      Shame Ashley spent 90m on house of Fraser rather the players.. having said that 90m doesn't get you much these days (player wise)

How bad is spurs gonna beat United?

Comment

Maybe City or Barca or someone like that would carve open Newcastle with more regularity but they defended well and Benitez is probably the best coach in the world and setting that kind of performance up. It is why he’ll keep Newcastle up but their team is a bit championship apart from a few players
        Benitez is class. He's working miracles with a ****e team. This is team is worse than the one he had got when we got relegated from a player point of view. He's just had time to get them trained on his approach to the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
          Benitez is class. He's working miracles with a ****e team. This is team is worse than the one he had got when we got relegated from a player point of view. He's just had time to get them trained on his approach to the game.
          It is a difficult one for you guys because setting up like that is a bit of a bitter pill to swallow but it does seem like the crowd up there are not getting on the players backs at all. Shows they all have reservations about the quality of the team. Especially that team you had out today. We never beat Newcastle away but I thought we’d spank them today. Didn’t happen.

I think Huddersfield and Cardiff will 100% go down then there is heaps of clubs who could be in a scrap.

Would like to know what everyone else feels about goal bonuses. When Newcastle actually went for it Chelsea were really vulnerable. Luiz is pony, tbh. But I really do think 2 goals should get you a point regardless. It would stop games like today. It was just a bit dry.

Newcastle are well within their rights to set up any which way against Chelsea and the top 6 but if there was a goal bonus I think these games would be so different.

I see a lot of poor games happening this season tbh. But I’m starting to think life is a bit too short. Goals need to rewarded.

I know Chelsea have famously done what Newcastle have done multiple times. But I think with all the technology coming in we need rules changes that actually make the game better.

Comment

• In other news Teeebooo being kept out of the Real Madrid team by Navas.

Navas is a better keeper tbh. Tibo must be humbled

Comment

• You know in Big Nose’s mind, he is saying the coach doesn’t like him because he isn’t Spanish.

He is that sort of deluded.

On another note:

Clear as day, Luiz is not the answer in defense.

Rüdiger was carrying his and Luiz’s weight back there. Seems like he broke up every play.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                You know in Big Nose’s mind, he is saying the coach doesn’t like him because he isn’t Spanish.

He is that sort of deluded.

On another note:

Clear as day, Luiz is not the answer in defense.

Rüdiger was carrying his and Luiz’s weight back there. Seems like he broke up every play.
                I like Ampadu to slot in beside Rudiger. The issue with Luiz is he can’t defend at all anymore. Ampadu is sharp in the tackle but Rudiger can pick up the lone striker and Ampadu can sweep in around him.

If it’s purely for footballing ability. Christensen is a better passer between the lines than Luiz. But I dunno we’re winning so Sarri is probably right

Comment

It is a difficult one for you guys because setting up like that is a bit of a bitter pill to swallow but it does seem like the crowd up there are not getting on the players backs at all. Shows they all have reservations about the quality of the team. Especially that team you had out today. We never beat Newcastle away but I thought we’d spank them today. Didn’t happen.

I think Huddersfield and Cardiff will 100% go down then there is heaps of clubs who could be in a scrap.

Would like to know what everyone else feels about goal bonuses. When Newcastle actually went for it Chelsea were really vulnerable. Luiz is pony, tbh. But I really do think 2 goals should get you a point regardless. It would stop games like today. It was just a bit dry.

Newcastle are well within their rights to set up any which way against Chelsea and the top 6 but if there was a goal bonus I think these games would be so different.

I see a lot of poor games happening this season tbh. But I’m starting to think life is a bit too short. Goals need to rewarded.

I know Chelsea have famously done what Newcastle have done multiple times. But I think with all the technology coming in we need rules changes that actually make the game better.
                  The fans used to hound the players under Pardew/Mclaren because we blatantly had the talent to play far better than we used to. Under Benitez, the fans know the player aren't great but they're putting in a shift in 100% every game and that's all we can ask of the players that we have. More of the anger since Benitez took over is at Mike Ashley and his refusal to invest in the team and refusal to sell to a buyer that wants to buy the club for a fair price.

I thought we'd get spanked like 3-0 today before the game to be honest, despite Chelsea not winning here since 2011. The thing is a lot of teams HAVE to play like that vs the top 6. The stage isn't fair from a monetary point of view. Hazard is worth more than our whole squad lmao. If we try and play open football with our budget/squad, we'll get trounced 95% of the time vs the top teams. Same with the majority of the rest of the teams who aren't in the top 6.

I've seen games in La Liga where the top teams play the worse teams in the league, it's more open but in all honesty, still horrible quality, just really sloppy from the lower level team. I want teams to play a certain way vs the team they have in front of them. We won't be playing the same way vs say Huddersfield. I have no qualms with our approach considering the circumstances. If Ashley invested in the team, it'd be a different story.

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                    The fans used to hound the players under Pardew/Mclaren because we blatantly had the talent to play far better than we used to. Under Benitez, the fans know the player aren't great but they're putting in a shift in 100% every game and that's all we can ask of the players that we have. More of the anger since Benitez took over is at Mike Ashley and his refusal to invest in the team and refusal to sell to a buyer that wants to buy the club for a fair price.

I thought we'd get spanked like 3-0 today before the game to be honest, despite Chelsea not winning here since 2011. The thing is a lot of teams HAVE to play like that vs the top 6. The stage isn't fair from a monetary point of view. Hazard is worth more than our whole squad lmao. If we try and play open football with our budget/squad, we'll get trounced 95% of the time vs the top teams. Same with the majority of the rest of the teams who aren't in the top 6.

I've seen games in La Liga where the top teams play the worse teams in the league, it's more open but in all honesty, still horrible quality, just really sloppy from the lower level team. I want teams to play a certain way vs the team they have in front of them. We won't be playing the same way vs say Huddersfield. I have no qualms with our approach considering the circumstances. If Ashley invested in the team, it'd be a different story.
                    Fair points really. I suppose it’ll always be up to the top 6 to break down the wall.

I dunno it’d just be nice if attacking play was rewarded somehow but you’re right. They’d probably just get trounced. And setting up like they did maybe they could have gotten really lucky and won.

I do think they prem will become increasingly serie old school A-ish

Comment

• what's up soccer heads!

my son met Wayne Rooney yesterday at the Red Bulls/DC United game...he walked out on the field with the players and his soccer team he was pretty excited

just wanted to share that with you guys

Comment

Working...
                      X