Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is everyone ignoring the clinic Ortiz put on Campbell?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markfrombrookly View Post
    Because Campbells best days were at 135 and Campbell is old and past it. I'd be more impressed if he fought Maidana again to be honest with you.
    He tried to rematch him, but Maidana refused

Comment

well he did win easy but there were obviously a couple things:

1). Nate Campbell is clearly old, past prime and possibly even shot.

2). Ortiz didn't look that impressive. I think part of this is because the KO is still in the back of his head so he was a bit timid and you could see the lack of confidence at times during the fight.

Regardless, it was a good win for him and it's something to hopefully rebuild his confidence.

I wasn't too impressed though however and I think he gets sparked by any of the top guys at 140 - Alexander, Bradley and Khan.

Maybe in a couple more fights he could beat Marcos in a rematch though.

Comment

I love the new "Cautious" Victor Ortiz. "Vicous" Victor needs to go away forever. This style suits him.

Comment

Great to see Victor come back with an impressive win. I still think he has a massive future this kid.

Comment

He did very well, but Nates a bum. His only claim was beating Diaz, who has since been exposed as a total hypejob.

Good win on him tho. I wonder how he's going to fit into the 140 puzzle.

Comment

It was Khan's night.

Comment

ortiz returned to his patient style after getting big headed and chasing early ko's and paying the price

Comment

All i know is Golden Boy sent Ortiz to the clinic after the Maidana fight to check if he has heart.
                  Last edited by loui_ludwig; 05-16-2010, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Ortiz' inside game is excellent but he was smart to fight on the outside because Campbell also knows the tricks on fighting inside...Ortiz proved that he can fight on the outside lastnight and was on some sergio martinez/floyd mayweather defense skills...I noticed that Ortiz loads up power from the inside but on the outside his power is respectable to but not as affective...he's a well rounded boxer and the 140 division is confused because they will not know if it will be smart to pressure him into exchanges because Ortiz will drop you if you wanna change shots...and he will frustrate you when he throws a 1-2 combination while he stays on defense...I think Ortiz did not fight scared all he did was add a shield to his weapon artillary...which is something he never had...if maidana dont wanna rematch him then bring on Marquez!

Comment

Nate didnt came out and left fight inside the gym. Ortiz just put in an OK performance, at times even hesitant. If that's already a clinic then I wouldnt let my son watch boxing anymore.

Comment

Working...
                      X