Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which fighter of this last decade do you think will make the best future trainer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy...the first 2 guys I thought of were the first 2 mentioned..

Marquez and Hopkins. They both seemed to age like Wine, mentally and physically.

Comment

Cant believe no one has said Winky Wright. I'd have him train me! I wouldn't be put off by his recent losses, hes a guy past his peak but appears to have his head screwed on!

I'd also think Antonio Tarver would make a good trainer, articulate, skillful (at his best) and disciplined!

I think Lennox Lewis would make a great trainer too!

Comment

Originally posted by MaYaN_SuN View Post
        Crazy...the first 2 guys I thought of were the first 2 mentioned..

Marquez and Hopkins. They both seemed to age like Wine, mentally and physically.

yep and i will add finito lopez i dont know why that ****er aint training any one yet it pisses me off

Comment

b hop without a doubt

Comment

Juan Manuel Marquez

Comment

Originally posted by Sage84 View Post
              First name that came to mind was Floyd actually, but every name that has been mentioned i agree with - Hopkins, Paulie, Marquez, maybe Mosley. Sadly i cant think of any British fighter.

- Possibly Calzaghe but he was just natural, he adjusted throughout fights rather than studying tapes and making game plans.

- Def not Hatton, he isnt smart enough.

- I dont think Haye is smart enough either, he still makes basic mistakes e.g. Backs off in a straight line every single time if he gets pushed back.

- Khan.....well no....thicker than Hatton.

- Lewis would actually IMO, but hes decided to go off down another road.

- Prince Naz just doesnt seem interested in the sport anymore, plus i dont think he had a clue himself about what he was gonna do on fight night lol.

- The we have the jokes of the British HW scene, Skelton, Audley, Williams, Sprott etc

agree with alot of what youve said - the likes of khan and hatton just dont have the IQ. the likes of naz and haye rely too much on their physical attributes and are lacking a little bit imo.

i think calzaghe may decide to go into it because i dont think hes cut out to be a promoter. someone like hatton or haye would suit that role - zaghe seems like a straight up guy and his diet hard, train hard and fight hard philosphy is very much old skool. his knowledge of boxing may not be that good but as enzo showed you can overcome that and still be a great trainer.

lewis would probably be the best bet, hes a very smart fighter, with little ego and good knowledge of the game.

hopkins is an obvious choice,

the likes of JMM, floyd, toney, tarver and chris byrd might be good trainers as well

Comment

ivan calderon...

oh yeah... archie solis too...

Comment

roy jones would be an awesome trainer

Comment

Originally posted by sandyvahra View Post
                    I gotta go with Bernard.

Discuss...
                    At first I was thinking Floyd... cause of his technique being fantastic and having the ring intelligence he has (not being biased but you need that kinda stuff and experience to be a good trainer)... but now you said Hopkins I agree with you he would most likely, the guy has tonnes of experience, great technique and intelligence... I have noticed he is also better at explaining different things than Floyd (does make a difference, you gotta be able to communicate with your fighters).

I think both could be good trainers though...

Comment

B-hop would make a great trainer

Comment

Working...
                      X