Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I found this pretty good program, I think I may use it and wanted to share...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found this pretty good program, I think I may use it and wanted to share...

I found this workout in a combat book at the library at my school and came home and gave it a try, I must say it worked my entire body and felt like pure hell afterwards...Its quick and Hard....

It's a form of calisthenics

Straight Hindu Squats (works lower body)-Do them until you literally cant do them, dont do them in repetitions but continous and stop when you cant do anymore (try to get atleast 25-50 in and build yourself up)

Hindu Pushups-(works arms/chest upperbody)-Shoot for 25 and once again build yourself up and go til you cant do anymore

Back Bridging-neck/back/thighs/hips/butt-

*CAN BE DANGEROUS WITH IMPROPER FORM*

place all the weight on your forehead and not on top,arch your entire back and relax your shoulders and neck until your nose touches the floor.

TAKE YOUR TIME

You can even use your hands to help you when first starting out dont rush,Once comfortable rock back and forth for about 10-20 times and hold it for as long as possibly 3-5 minutes is a good length once you get the hang of it.

Incorporate this w/ abdominal exercises and you got your whole body worked out in a matter of minutes.

These can be done everyday as well....

This is probably the most complete overall bodywork that seems pretty effective and I might drop the weights for more calisthenics like these...

Hope this helps someone.

sounds brutal i'll give it a try later this week

Comment

i looked and i cant find a website that tells you how to do it they just have little still shot pictures, do u have a link that tells you how to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dyl-G
        i looked and i cant find a website that tells you how to do it they just have little still shot pictures, do u have a link that tells you how to do it?
        http://www.cbass.com/Furey.htm - should help you out.

That does sound like a good workout, i'll have to try it this weekend.

Comment

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mahler19.htm

Their is details on how to do the bridge.

Comment

thats nothing i was doing handstand pushups when i was 8months old

Comment

Spinks, is that Matt Furey's book you got from your library? Would you recommend it for training information from what you have read so far?

Comment

i cant do hindu squats..my knees are always sore..and for the hindu push-ups..they look confusing as hell

Comment

blockburna-Yes and yes, so far from what I have read it seems to make sense and has some good techniques in it and I am going to incorporate it into my training beginning this week, I plan on reporting the results back here as soon as I see some....Although im still a bit delirious on cutting out a workout plan for only 3-4 exercises although all of them seem pretty brutal.

Acquitted-Try a joint supplement to lubricant your joints maybe that would help, I have bad knees as well.

Hindu Pushups

1-lift yourself with your arms and your legs spread and butt in air
                  2-Bring down butt and face to the floor
                  3-Keep lower body down and rise up your upper body

Kind of like a swan...Dont know if you understand that but I would be willing to do them myself and post a video if that would help you out?

Anyone tried the bridge yet? I did it w/ my weight on my forehead for about 45 seconds just testing it out and I felt pretty stretched out from it.

Comment

Very interesting exercises. Will try next week.

Comment

Working...
                    X