No announcement yet.

Martin Purefoods Hot Dogs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Purefoods Hot Dogs

Okay, so i just had my first American imitation of Purefoods and I wanted to share the experience.

They have 2 different types here: the big long ones that are about 20% fatter & longer than an average oscar meyer hot dog, and the small ones that are about 20% smaller than an oscar meyer.

I tried the big one.

The taste was pretty good- tasted like a normal american hotdog on the inside with a different, slightly sour tasting skin. For the time being, i'm going to say I prefer a well cooked Ballpark frank or even one of the styles of oscar meyer franks cooked very well- mostly because I like it when the skin browns very well and the flavor carries through the whole frank. the huge difference between skin and inside of the dog might take some getting used to.

I know the American Purefoods aren't the real deal, but what're the major differences?

How close are the American Purefoods to run-of-the-mill filipino hot dogs?

Does the different size make one or the other closer to the real deal?

I found one other brand at the grocer too- from Pedang or something like that, again a california branch, so probably not authentic either.

They have a good selection of Goldilocks at this asian supermarket, so i was able to pick up more SioPau, chicken tosino, and some chicken longanisa. They carry a suprising number of filipino snacks, like fiesta crackers, so i picked up some of them too.

well i dont know what they put in purefoods hotdogs. even though everyday it's my breakfast back home, just a couple of eggs & fried rice, buo na almusal ko.

Comment

kahapon breakfast ko purefoods bacon and hotdog and egg, milagrosa rice at coke. ansarap

Comment

nagalit pa si kg kasi naubos ko bacon LOL!!!!!!!!

Comment

LOL! hehehe, away magkapatid yan. musa na flip?

Comment

Originally posted by SLIMZ View Post
            LOL! hehehe, away magkapatid yan. musa na flip?
            ayus lang trabaho pa rin. ikaw?

Comment

eto, nonood ng asian games. kainis kamatis ata tayo sa ranking eh.

Comment

Originally posted by SLIMZ View Post
                eto, nonood ng asian games. kainis kamatis ata tayo sa ranking eh.
                wala tlga. mahina tayo sa asian games. hangang sea games lang.

Comment

wala parin tayong medal talo pa tayo ng indonesia.. malas talaga!

Comment

dapat tlga magcrossbreed pa tayo LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X