Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devon Alexander Vs. Timothy Bradley II at Welterweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did Bradley do to people to make them underestimate him so badly? There really was nothing that close about the first fight, at all, and Alexander quit. What could possibly be different the second time?

Comment

I voted Bradley by decision. Alexander seems much improved at 147. I think it would be a very close fight but I don't like voting split decision because it implies that two judges will get it right and the other judge will get it wrong. I always hope for good judging. I'll say Bradley wins by two points on all three cards.

Comment

The first fight was one-sided (and not the good kind) why would anybody want to see this?

Out of 10 rounds, Bradley one 7 easy... And in the 10 round, he was schooling Alexander... I could only see him schooling him even worse for the last 2...

And if he had any punching power, it would have been a stoppage

Comment

"I'll have to check the tape to see if I won" vs "Ahhhh it burnsssssss!!!!!!"

Winner gets pitty-patted to death by Amir Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
            The first fight was one-sided (and not the good kind) why would anybody want to see this?

Out of 10 rounds, Bradley one 7 easy... And in the 10 round, he was schooling Alexander... I could only see him schooling him even worse for the last 2...

And the 2 or 3 rounds Alexander won were only because Bradley wasn't active, and there wasn't much a choice but to give them to Alexander.

Comment

Because Alexander didn't show up in that fight. If you had any clue about Boxing you would know that Alexander is a better fighter than what he was in that Bradley fight. A rematch with an Alexander who learned his mistakes giving up in that fight and wanting to erase the doubters will make for a better fight. All we can hope for is that Bradley doesn't headbutt like he constantly did in the first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by EdMon917 View Post
                Because Alexander didn't show up in that fight. If you had any clue about Boxing you would know that Alexander is a better fighter than what he was in that Bradley fight. A rematch with an Alexander who learned his mistakes giving up in that fight and wanting to erase the doubters will make for a better fight. All we can hope for is that Bradley doesn't headbutt like he constantly did in the first fight.
                So making a wishful assumption = knowing boxing?

Alexander looked the same to me as he does in every fight, the only difference is his opponent was just as slick, if nor more so... He's a one trick pony, if u get passed his jab jab straight left, you beat him, as seen by Kotelnik, Matthysse, and finally Bradley

Against Maidana, he may have impressed u, but I didn't realize Maidana and Bradley were the same... I guess u do know more about boxing than I do, cause I never would've noticed that

Comment

I wouldn't mind it if they both could win a couple of fights there ya know Devon vs Paulie and Bradley vs bailey could set up that rematch and the winner fights Floyd works for me.

Comment

Bradley wins again but more impressively. The reason some people think Alexander looked iffy was because Bradley was and is a better fighter. Alexander got his fist real test and quit, plain and simple. Bradley is only going to get tougher and more experienced after his fight with pac

Comment

So making a wishful assumption = knowing boxing?

Alexander looked the same to me as he does in every fight, the only difference is his opponent was just as slick, if nor more so... He's a one trick pony, if u get passed his jab jab straight left, you beat him, as seen by Kotelnik, Matthysse, and finally Bradley

Against Maidana, he may have impressed u, but I didn't realize Maidana and Bradley were the same... I guess u do know more about boxing than I do, cause I never would've noticed that
                      Against Kotelnik or Matthysse did you see him get repeatedly headbutted? Do you not think being in a dirty fight would frustrate someone? And how he gave up in the Bradley fight did you see him give up in the Matthysse fight? Do you not think that an Alexander who learned from the Bradley loss would want to put up a better performance than the crap one he did in the first one?

And LOL @ you assuming I think he impressed me with Maidana or me thinking Maidana and Bradley are equal. I guess you do know Boxing and maybe a bit more since you already know my opinions and thoughts and fights that weren't even discussed in this thread. Do you know more things like the color boxers I'm wearing too? Do you know what I'm about to eat as well?

Comment

Working...
                      X