Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward had a MASSIVE Unfair advantage by having ALL super six fights AT HOME!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would understand this argument if his fight was close and he was getting BIASED/Controversial DECISIONS but neither of his fights have been CLOSE so it is hard to say if he had an Unfair advantage or not...would Arthur Abraham beat Froch or Ward if he fought in Germany?

STYLES MAKE FIGHTS...NO LOCATIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
      Come one dudes..

He didn't have endure long flights overseas..
      He didn't have to adjust to timezones..
      He didn't have to break up his training camp and schedule..
      He didn't have to have final week or two prep in a foreign gym..
      He had home country refs..
      Home country judges..
      Home country crowds..
      etc..
      quit crying

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
        Come one dudes..

He didn't have endure long flights overseas..
        He didn't have to adjust to timezones..
        He didn't have to break up his training camp and schedule..
        He didn't have to have final week or two prep in a foreign gym..
        He had home country refs..
        Home country judges..
        Home country crowds..
        etc..
        im pretty sure there were foreign ref and judges in his last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          It would have been unfair if he was losing all his fights but getting hometown decisions.

From what I have seen, he barely loses 1-2 rounds in fights.

I think people are just jealous of his success as a young fighter and have to come up with something to haunt him for the rest of his career. Every successful fighter has a pack of anti-fans that will always be there to discredit his wins.

This "he wins because he fights at home" crap is actually good, it means he's doing something right. People act like he's getting some Sven Ottke/German type decisions at home.
          that is exactly what it is...some people don't want him to succeed so since they can't stop him from succeeding, they are now going to be very critical about every little thing he does: "He Is Boring" "He Is Dirty" "He Always Fight In His Back Yard" (never mind the fact that Bute always fights in Canada and ironically nobody ever complains about that lol)...Mayweather, Hopkins, they all been labeled Boring and Hopkins has been labeled BORING AND DIRTY his entire Career...So when Casual Fans start labeling you those things then that means your on your way to becoming a "GREAT FIGHTER" hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Now that you put it like this, it is really unfair.

I bet if he had experienced at least one of those on that list, he would have gotten KTFO by Kessler.
            I'm glad you finally see the light

Comment

Originally posted by oaklandstephen View Post
              quit crying
              Do you even know what the words "fair" and "unfair" mean? If any other fighter had the same advantage as Ward I'd say exactly the same thing about it..

Comment

of course it's not unfair because he's young slick african american.
                it would be unfair if he was danish boxer puncher

Comment

what is wrong with that? it's not like ALL of his fights been in Oakland in his back yard he just fought in the states, some fighters still stick to that more old school mindset of not going over seas, he can't be blamed for that he isn't FORCED to go over seas there's plenty of fights for him in the US and there will be a point where he will become such a top dog that they will have to come to him anyway.

a fight is a fight yo anyone can win or lose, look how B Hop went to Canada and schooled Jean Pascal in his own hometown, you can't deny greatness, fighting in a particular place does not shorten the gap of skill between the two fighters. if they don't fight overseas it doesn't take away from them being great fighters. Ward is still young, give him time and maybe he will fight overseas someday but for now witness greatness, Andre Ward will be a great fighter mark my words

Comment

It is unfair because everybody in the tournament had to go to someone else home turf at least once.

But, at the end of the day, I seriously doubt the outcome would have been any different.

he was just better than anybody he fought against plain and simple.

Comment

It definitely wasn't fair that Ward had homecourt advantage for much of the tourney. This diminishes his resume as is IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                      X