View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 09:40 AM #37
I Also Cook

Quoted: 1721 Post(s)
Dr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 3,017,001,380,401.08
knowledgeable poster - thuggery for being a solid poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 Great poster - E.P.T. Good poster. Thumbs up, Doc! - CubanGuyNYC eat fresh - sugarsmosley 
To a great poster - jas Hilarious 🙉 - jas The GGG Wine - Imported From Monte Carlo, Monaco. Extremely Expensive, Only Shared With High Class Members Of BoxingScene. Cheers good boy! - Golovkin #AskFroch - - Ram Raid - A man who knows his stuff - jas 
Doc knows his facts - BoxingFan85 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rk16 View Post
Haven't seen the entire fight yet but from what I have seen Pacquiao didn't work hard enough,just a few flurries to steal rounds
However Bradley didn't have the power to get Manny's respect and got for ed back from Manny's attacks
From what I saw you could argue Bradley controlled more of each round but Manny was the more effective
And his flurries were generally ineffective too, especially as the fight wore on.

The impression I've been left with after a few watches is that Pacquiao didn't look capable of getting to Bradley more often. He just wasn't able to close the distance effectively against a guy who was making him work to do so.

People say Bradley just 'back-pedalled' but he didn't. He was making Pacquiao overextend in order to create counter-punching opportunities. And when Pacquiao lunged he stepped around him and threw combinations.

Bradley wasn't landing a lot of clean shots either, no question about it. But he was controlling the nature of the fight in the closing six rounds, and he was working for three minutes. Manny was generally doing nothing except plodding around after Bradley in a lot of those rounds. Wild flurries don't make up for two and a half minutes of inactivity.
Dr Rumack is offline   Reply With Quote