No announcement yet.

Anyone notice Khan has been shrinking size wise

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone notice Khan has been shrinking size wise

Look at the HBO Tale of tape for the last 3 fights. He was huge right around 152 lbs vs Judah and McCloskey, but then only 149 lbs vs LP, and then shockingly came in at 148 lbs vs Garcia even though he was looking bigger in all his training pics. Love to get a knowledgeable trainer to comment on this. Aren't fighters supposed to increase their fight night weight as they get older/progress through weight? Its like he put on all that extra muscle just to lose it pre-fight.

Remember how Tabares was saying Amir would make 140 on diet alone days before the fight without losing water weight. I don't see how he could have done that without losing muscle. He looked at least 160 in the training pics and yet he come in smaller than ever on fight night. Again its like he put on all that extra muscle just to lose it pre-fight. Ironic seeing as how Khan kept talking about moving up to WW since the Judah fight.

End of the day I have to think that he would have eaten that shot better if he had those 4 lbs of lean body mass on him. Still would have likely got dropped but would have recovered by the next round. Thoughts?

Ariza...........

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
      Ariza...........
      Ironic cuz they hired Tabares to make AK bigger and prepare him for 147, just like how he helped Haye go from CW to HW. Yet after 16 wk training camp, Khan turns out to be smaller than he was with Ariza. All those pics of him lifting and adding muscle turned out to be a waste because he was looking like a holocaust survivor on fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun99 View Post
        Ironic cuz they hired Tabares to make AK bigger and prepare him for 147, just like how he helped Haye go from CW to HW. Yet after 16 wk training camp, Khan turns out to be smaller than he was with Ariza. All those pics of him lifting and adding muscle turned out to be a waste because he was looking like a holocaust survivor on fight night.
        His upper body was bigger yes....but its like the old days again, his legs wernt as strong....plus like you said, those 4 lbs could have been in his legs to help take a punch better

Khan knows himself whether ariza or this trainer was better for him

Comment

16 weeks explains it all I think he was drained tried so hard to add weight but all that work cut it back down not to mention he was getting hit with all those shots in a second training camp.

Comment

Was the loss of leg control something mental from the shot? Or was it due to inefficient leg training? Or both?

I know when that happens to me it's from over training and trying to over exert myself physically so I'm wondering if maybe he was over trained for the fight.

Comment

Look at the HBO Tale of tape for the last 3 fights. He was huge right around 152 lbs vs Judah and McCloskey, but then only 149 lbs vs LP, and then shockingly came in at 148 lbs vs Garcia even though he was looking bigger in all his training pics. Love to get a knowledgeable trainer to comment on this. Aren't fighters supposed to increase their fight night weight as they get older/progress through weight? Its like he put on all that extra muscle just to lose it pre-fight.

Remember how Tabares was saying Amir would make 140 on diet alone days before the fight without losing water weight. I don't see how he could have done that without losing muscle. He looked at least 160 in the training pics and yet he come in smaller than ever on fight night. Again its like he put on all that extra muscle just to lose it pre-fight. Ironic seeing as how Khan kept talking about moving up to WW since the Judah fight.

End of the day I have to think that he would have eaten that shot better if he had those 4 lbs of lean body mass on him. Still would have likely got dropped but would have recovered by the next round. Thoughts?
              I thought Khan was 155 when he came in against LP? But whatever, He did look very frail against Garcia, and coming in like that, will give u a porcelain chin

Comment

I think the 2 training camps back to back had a lot to do with it, not just physically but mentally as well.

Comment

You think maybe having to take the VADA testing had anything to do with his not gaining so much in weight and losing punch resistance? I just find it weird that he could take Maidana hitting him but not Garcia... even though Maidana had him on queer street he still seemed to take the punches better than Garcia's. I don't care regardless since Khan is pretty much done and finally won't be mentioned as a possible opponent for the elite anymore.

Comment

He looked bigger in his pics because he had just been training & had a pump.

I'm sure you know about cutting & rehydration...

What do you mean put on extra muscle to lose it in such a short period? You don't lose muscle that rapidly, anything lost will be mostly fat/water.

I said this a few weeks ago when those pics came about and everyone was saying he was big & looking muscular etc, I said he looked bloated and it looked like nothing but water retention to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X