No announcement yet.

Why Do People Think Naseem was "Special?"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
    Very weird how he just got up and left after one defeat.
    But he fought one more time after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
      Floyd was willing to go down to fight him. Dead set on it until they told him no way.
      --- Ellerbee wannabe, is that really you?

Yeah, TUE giving up weight he never mad or attempted.

Priceless!!!

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
        --- Ellerbee wannabe, is that really you?

Yeah, TUE giving up weight he never mad or attempted.

Priceless!!!
        Yeah I would like to see a source for this bold claim. I must say it’s news to me that Floyd wanted to fight Naz.

Comment

Of all those with a claim to GOAT still taken seriously, MW might have the weakest resume of the bunch. I believe he actually does. He fought nowhere near the level, of competition faced by Robinson, Leonard, Pep, Duran and Langford. I don't see where that is even disputable.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
            Of all those with a claim to GOAT still taken seriously, MW might have the weakest resume of the bunch. I believe he actually does. He fought nowhere near the level, of competition faced by Robinson, Leonard, Pep, Duran and Langford. I don't see where that is even disputable.
            Are you in the wrong thread? This one is about Naseem Hamed.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              Very weird how he just got up and left after one defeat.
              If not mistaken before the Barrera fight he had some serious hand injuries and he was on his way out of the sport. He fought one last fight to go out with a victory, which he didnt look good as well and left.

Coincidence though, the only fight that he lost.. He didn't do the traditional flip into the ring, because a fan of Barrera thew him a glass of beer on his way to the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Are you in the wrong thread? This one is about Naseem Hamed.
                --- Yeah, but I hear echoes of MW boiling down to 126 to make Naseem duck him.

MW? Which MW? My Washerwoman?

Comment

The facts are nobody dominated Prince Naseem Hamed, Barrera beat him? But Hamed was not beaten up in that fight or demoralized. 'It was clear to everybody watching that Prince Naseem Hamed was just under-trained and not in condition, physically or technically' which was his own fault, but these are the facts of the situation back then.

All I know is this? Prince Naseem Hamed was a world champion, who defended his titles and produced performances that are forever ingrained in peoples minds who watched the fights 'That is why he was special' when I was in primary school as a kid, we would practiced doing 'Naseem's' over railings and fences. Prince Naseem Hamed had a massive cultural effect upon society, without the aid of social media or anything along those lines. And from a technical perspective, kids who entered boxing gyms wanted to fight like Prince Naseem Hamed! There are very few fighters around today who, I look at and think? WOW! I want to learn how to fight like that.

Mike Tyson, Prince Naseem Hamed, Roy Jones Junior these type of fighters had that effect upon people and cultural influenced.

Note: Prince Naseem Hamed believed that it was his destiny to go undefeated. So when he was defeated, he took it as a sign from God and that more than anything in my opinion? Effected his decision to retire. But even before that he was falling out with old trainers, and basically that is never a good sign.
                  Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 02-15-2019, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Barrera completely outclassed Hamed. He did not have any level of true boxing skill to ever beat a boxer of Barreras class. I saw this very early on. Huge puncher yes. Awkward as awkward could be. Yes. However don’t ever confuse awkwardness with boxing ability.

Comment

--- Tell it to Neon Deon who didn't even have a chin.

Boxers can't train for awkward fighters of one off styles, but awkwards with good natural attributes can beat good boxers.

See Mayorga vs Forrest 1-2 as a case study.

Comment

Working...
                      X