No announcement yet.

More padding needs to be added to the canvas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More padding needs to be added to the canvas

I'm not sure if Patrick Day would've survived had the floor been softer but that loud thud and the way he hit the ground was really violent.

I'm not a fan of it because I think it can take away some explosiveness (especially if you don't train on it) but at the same time there seems to be no other solution unless they want to wear headgear and I don't see that happening.

I've seen some rings with thicker padding every once and a while too, you can generally tell when their feet sink into the floor.

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
    I'm not sure if Patrick Day would've survived had the floor been softer but that loud thud and the way he hit the ground was really violent.

I'm not a fan of it because I think it can take away some explosiveness (especially if you don't train on it) but at the same time there seems to be no other solution unless they want to wear headgear and I don't see that happening.

I've seen some rings with thicker padding every once and a while too, you can generally tell when their feet sink into the floor.
    You really think the floor killed him? what about the hundreds of punches. Get out. Thick mats kill fighter mobility making it worse. They need to shorten fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Luisbot2000 View Post
      You really think the floor killed him? what about the hundreds of punches. Get out. Thick mats kill fighter mobility making it worse. They need to shorten fights.
      Boxers get hurt in am a lot too.

Comment

Please don't shorten fights again... was there an objective study done that found shortening fights from 15 to 12 made a difference?

I think fights should be 15 if they are unifications, 12 if they are defenses, and 4-10 otherwise.

Comment

A *possible* solution is having a 2x2 clear sticky pad on the back of fighters heads. Some protection in case of direct contact with canvas.

Doesn't impede the game because rabbit punches are illegal anyway..

Comment

Tbh this a dangerous sport. Its gonna happen. They stopped 15 rounds, added safety precautions and people still died.

Not to mention guys dying in the AMs with headgear.

Its gonna happen.

Comment

I actually think making the floor more padded would only increase injuries... foot injuries.

Comment

Im shocked a UFC fighter hasnt died.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                  Im shocked a UFC fighter hasnt died.
                  Ufc is more safe tho... No 10 counts. Fights end very quickly

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
                    Ufc is more safe tho... No 10 counts. Fights end very quickly
                    Not really, Ive seen fights that I swore were over that went on. Chit is pretty unreal. Watch that fight I posted. Its a great fight to watch.

Comment

Working...
                    X