Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who is greater? fritzie zivic or floyd mayweather jr?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who is greater? fritzie zivic or floyd mayweather jr?

i honestly think its mr. zivic...

the guy has the far better resume & if u really just be honest about it, his biggest wins (armstrong, angott, lamotta, kid azteca) **** on PBF's greatest wins (corrales, castillo, baldomir) anytime everytime...

and i really feel quite confident fritzie would beat him if they fight @ 147...

Well if they had a fantasy fight it would have to be based in the 30's or 40's, Fritzie would get thrown in prison let alone DQ'd for some of the stuff he used to pull in the ring lol

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
      i honestly think its mr. zivic...

the guy has the far better resume & if u really just be honest about it, his biggest wins (armstrong, angott, lamotta, kid azteca) **** on PBF's greatest wins (corrales, castillo, baldomir) anytime everytime...

and i really feel quite confident fritzie would beat him if they fight @ 147...
      Its maweather, yes zivic had some great wins but also had alot of defeats and most of the same fighters u named came back to beat him 2 or 3 times aswel in rematchs, dont get carried away with the armstrong win hank was way past his best. Also his resume does not **** on mayweathers! diego corrales, castilo, de la hoya and marquez are all former world champions and future ibhf's.
      Last edited by Joey Giardello; 01-03-2010, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
        Its maweather, yes zivic had some great wins but also had alot of defeats and most of the same fighters u named came back to beat him 2 or 3 times aswel in rematchs, dont get carried away with the armstrong win hank was way past his best. Also his resume does not **** on mayweathers! diego corrales, castilo, de la hoya and marquez are all former world champions and future ibhf's.
        Way past his best? I'd say Armstrong was near his prime but Zivic was allowed to do what he did best by a very lenient referee. Fighting a natural welterweight who has 5 inches on you in height is close to impossible with no eyesight. Zivic worked him over with his combination of headbutts, elbows, low blows, thumbing and lacing.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
          Way past his best? I'd say Armstrong was near his prime but Zivic was allowed to do what he did best by a very lenient referee. Fighting a natural welterweight who has 5 inches on you in height is close to impossible with no eyesight. Zivic worked him over with his combination of headbutts, elbows, low blows, thumbing and lacing.

Armstrong was past his best he aged over night in that fight, and it was armstrong who started the fouling off against zivic.The fast lif style had caught up to him

Comment

who was dirtier manchine?

zivic or battling nelson?

Comment

i think it was zivic, nelson was known more for geting the **** beat out of him, then when they tire he would get to them.
              Last edited by cotto16; 01-04-2010, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Armstrong was past his best he aged over night in that fight, and it was armstrong who started the fouling off against zivic.The fast lif style had caught up to him
                Henry Armstrong was coming off easy KO wins over credible opponents and had not shown any signs of being a washed up fighter although he was slowing down. Actually he came back a year and a half afterwards and still had a very good run with wins over several very good opponents, including Zivic himself.

Armstrong did not start fouling, he did what he usually does, bored in with his head and got in Zivic's face. If that's considered fouling then he fouled in every fight of his. Unfortunately he was facing a much bigger welterweight who was allowed to do whatever he wanted to by the referee.

Zivic. I've seen films of Nelson that don't indicate he was a dirty fighter. Surely he must have had his own bag of tricks but often rough pressure fighters are mistaken as being "dirty". Some do it intentionally, for others it's just their way of fighting. And in Nelson's era the officiating was far more lenient. Now Zivic was just plain dirty and was actually proud of the fact.
                Last edited by TheGreatA; 01-03-2010, 03:35 PM.

Comment

LMAO. that sentence is lol.

Comment

man... thats what u get when u face the best...

multiple times...

PBF north of 135 never had a meaningful fight against some serious opposition...

let alone multiple times...

& yeah, oscar is a legit HOF, but chico & castillo are borderlines IMO... JMM while has been doing great lately, im not really sure about it if its enuf to bring him to canastota...

lets see!

Comment

Working...
                    X