No announcement yet.

Motivation to Box !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motivation to Box !

We all need motivation, and there are days where we just don't wanna do ****. But for me its pretty much almost everyday.

I've been boxing since i was 13, and i always slacked, I'm now 16 and i don't want all the years of experience to go by. I've always been the smallest kid in class, not only that, i always suck in sports, i have nothing to brag about, the only difference i can set myself compared to everyone is boxing. Yet in boxing i still have so much to learn, but I'll only get better at it if i stay motivated. Which i struggle to do so. Bad news is, i stopped going to the gym, cause academically I'm doing pretty bad so i took some time off. All I got is pads that i hit with my inexperienced dad, a heavy bag, some 10Lb dumbbells, a fitness gym that i go for school, and a skipping rope (and some shadowboxing patterns i can do to learn).

Is their anything i can do to stay motivated other then listening to an Ipod?

P.S - People sometimes ask me, like my teachers, friends and parents what i want to be, and i keep saying "I Don't Know" but in reality what i want to become is a "world champ", i know it sounds cheesy, but its everyones dream. I just like to imagine how ****ed up people will feel when they see me on T.V, it just gives you that hype.

Anyway what I'm trying to say is, do you guys know any tips to stay motivated and giving your all? The only reason why I'm writing it here, is well, people could relate to me, and would be able to understand. Of course there's also flamers, douches and hecklers that just don't give a ****, but i don't care about them.

Look at these pictures. that's what motivates me. I don't get tired after looking at these pictures.

I know that I'm so very far from that but it's my dream and it will definnatly come true.

Comment

That is a good motivator. I have to admit I am an ego-maniac and fame also motivates me. I am materialistic so money is also a motivator! I go out there to impress and look for the KO because I don't want to earn several hundred euros a fight forever. You want to go into the 4,5 and 6 figure ranges so that's why you make sure your body is finely tuned all the time. Even if you are in the am's, think ahead. fame, glory, money. If that doesn't motivate you then just kill yourself. Also what B-Hop says in Beyond the Glory is also true!!

I would regret that too. Even if people know you on local level, at least you ain't a bum.

Comment

Just take some kinda **** to get hyper and energetic. I never feel like going to my boxing gym until I take N.O. explode... which is suppose to be for lifting weights but it gives me a lot of energy after you take that **** you feel like running 50 miles. its amazing.

Comment

I think you should go back to the gym it is very hard to stay motivated when you're at home at gym you're forced to.

My motivation to hit the boxing gym is for mostly women and to improve my fighting skills.

Comment

i always watch this when i lose my focus. it's a nine part documentary. helps me get pumped.

Comment

Originally posted by FlaminGuru View Post
              We all need motivation, and there are days where we just don't wanna do ****. But for me its pretty much almost everyday.

I've been boxing since i was 13, and i always slacked, I'm now 16 and i don't want all the years of experience to go by. I've always been the smallest kid in class, not only that, i always suck in sports, i have nothing to brag about, the only difference i can set myself compared to everyone is boxing. Yet in boxing i still have so much to learn, but I'll only get better at it if i stay motivated. Which i struggle to do so. Bad news is, i stopped going to the gym, cause academically I'm doing pretty bad so i took some time off. All I got is pads that i hit with my inexperienced dad, a heavy bag, some 10Lb dumbbells, a fitness gym that i go for school, and a skipping rope (and some shadowboxing patterns i can do to learn).

Is their anything i can do to stay motivated other then listening to an Ipod?

P.S - People sometimes ask me, like my teachers, friends and parents what i want to be, and i keep saying "I Don't Know" but in reality what i want to become is a "world champ", i know it sounds cheesy, but its everyones dream. I just like to imagine how ****ed up people will feel when they see me on T.V, it just gives you that hype.

Anyway what I'm trying to say is, do you guys know any tips to stay motivated and giving your all? The only reason why I'm writing it here, is well, people could relate to me, and would be able to understand. Of course there's also flamers, douches and hecklers that just don't give a ****, but i don't care about them.
              Did you get 100% in GTA?

It must be hard trying to do 2 things at once & finding some time for yourself ive never boxed only done the fitness side so id have noting technically to offer but some dreams come true i know it sounds cheesy but ive live 1 hope you get there.

Comment

hahah no i didnt, but i do like gta,

and thanks for ssaying that, i duno who u are, but i wont forget wat u said.

Comment

Originally posted by FlaminGuru View Post
                  hahah no i didnt, but i do like gta,

and thanks for ssaying that, i duno who u are, but i wont forget wat u said.
                  me neither managed about 98%

Have you won any junior tournaments & if so what did they say about your class are you orthodox southpaw.
                  I take you haven't had time on your hands with study & boxing & having some time to yourself.
                  All i know is you have to fully committed to boxing i have a cousin your age who's boxing at the mo his got his study + rugby & boxing no way he'll hold down all 3.

Comment

Originally posted by jackal56 View Post
                    me neither managed about 98%

Have you won any junior tournaments & if so what did they say about your class are you orthodox southpaw.
                    I take you haven't had time on your hands with study & boxing & having some time to yourself.
                    All i know is you have to fully committed to boxing i have a cousin your age who's boxing at the mo his got his study + rugby & boxing no way he'll hold down all 3.
                    I'm actually a natural lefty but i fight orthodox. And no i haven't fought junior tournaments but i have trained as an amateur boxer, and fought expierenced amateurs.

Lol the reason why u wont get 100% is because u might've used cheats in GTA.

I've beat San Andreas, and vice City, Gta 1 and Gta 2 but by far my fav is gta 3

Comment

Working...
                    X