Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF Groves Actually Outclassed Froch....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF Groves Actually Outclassed Froch....

I'm not saying he will (although you wait there will still be a couple of idiots who don't read this part & get all cyber warrior on me ) but in the unlikely event that Groves shows us several levels above what's he's done so far & wins the fight easily - whether by wide UD or takes Froch apart - what would be next?

The winner of Ward v Rodriguez would be the obvious choice but what do you think would be a viable option?

There's a DeGale rematch, a big money bout against Kessler in Denmark, a fight against Oosthuizen or something else?

Again, I gave him a bit of a chance when this fight was made but the more shenanigans that surround his camp the less chance I give him (although it could have the opposite effect).

Groves will beat froch.. I have 0 Doubt about it.
    Froch is OVER-RATED... He can bang and he can trade...Thats about it.
    Any good boxer will surely outbox him and Groves will do that.. watch.

Comment

Hahahahah do you really think Groves will beat Froch? ******!!!

Just kidding by the way.

Comment

He would never outclass Froch.

His best chance is to try and pull a Dirrell on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
          He would never outclass Froch.

His best chance is to try and pull a Dirrell on him.
          Oh no, he couldn't do that. He doesn't have the athleticism & he has more of a boxing heart.

I don't think he does but it's just conjecture. If Groves did show he was proper world class what would be the next step?

if he wins a close/controversial fight there's a rematch but if he somehow does a number of Froch what would the next step be?

F.uck me it's hard work on here sometimes

Comment

I would guess Groves v Froch II would be next unless it was completely uncompetitive in which case, Kessler and Chavez could be next or maybe an easier (on paper) defense against an Abraham or DeGale.

I definitely don't think Hearn sends Groves Ward's way.

Comment

Although Groves would have to show unprecedented improvement to his game for this to happen, I think the ward fight would be the next step

Although ward beat froch handily, the two are still seen as somewhat rivals, and ward would want to beat the man who beat his rival. If Groves is good enough to school froch, he wouldn't exactly be scared of ward

Comment

Just to add, groves vs ward interests me, even if Groves puts up a good performance but goes down late, as we are yet to see how ward handles movement and handspeed

Comment

If he does win I think (with the emphasis on if) I am pretty sure Froch will go again and will have a rematch clause inked-in.... or the fight with DeGale happens if Carl does not want take-up the option.

The DeGale reload is a massive London fight (the first was bigger than plenty of world title fights in the UK) and they'd be able to fill the O2 again with a big hike on all the tickets.

DeGale would be happy to play the panto villain again and I would not be surprised if he was prepared to give Groves the bigger cut of money to land the fight as well. I think money would talk and very loudly.

Comment

I'm hoping this happens...

I'd have Groves vs Stieglitz next, would leave Ward alone for at least a few fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X