No announcement yet.

If Rocky Marciano would of..........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Rocky Marciano would of..........

if Rocky Marciano would of lived up to today you think he would of had more stardom and been more recognized as a legend than ali.
    maybe he even would of been more liked than ali
    Last edited by vargas; 03-06-2006, 12:43 PM. Reason: wrong font size

the thing about marciano is that he never really "shook things up" so to speak, he was a great fighter, although crude, he always had a huge heart and cut easily but his unrelentless pressure and hi determination was superub, the only thing is outside of boxing he never really did anything extordinary but a key this is that he was white, and i think being white would really appeal to the public, so i think he and ali would be regarded the same in the aspect they were so different, black/white, humble/flashy, boxer/brawler, so i think they would appeal to two different segments of society and they'd be equal if they were around the same time period, hard to imagine if either one would eclipse the other but remember ali was political so in that sense ppl would be be more emotional about ali be it love or hate him.

Comment

I don't know about Rocky..Jack Dempsey I don't know about a following either but he would be badass.

Comment

one thing about marciano is people call him crude, but if u watch marciano on film, he is very natural athletic and isnt uncoordinated and his techniques is polished in the way he throws punches, in the way he moves, etc. fact is, hes just very wild.

i think marciano is more "wild" than "crude". crude is when the fighter is herky jerky and looks uncoordinated and very girly like.

marciano wasnt that way, he was just very wild and innacurate(especially early career).

i hope i got my point across in the right way, does anyone understand what im trying to say?

i used to call him crude, but I am not so sure anymore. marciano at his his peak wasnt crude, he was just very wild and innacurate at times. goldman really polished him up.

rocky was not a herky jerky, throws girly like punches, uncoordinated fighter
        Last edited by SuzieQ49; 03-06-2006, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzieQ49
          i hope i got my point across in the right way, does anyone understand what im trying to say?
          He had a tendency to sometimes club with his punches.

Comment

Sorry Rocky was inaccurate and relatively crude, yet effective. Rocky Marciano although a GREAT i believe is a bit overrated. Because of his undefeated record. But what GREATS did he beat, Louis doesn't count, Walcott doesn't make it on a top 10 list, ezzard charles doesn't often either. The best fighter he fought was an aging Charles. Not his fault, he had a huge heart and fought anyone that was game enough. But if you swapped Joe Fraziers position with Marcianos. Marciano would most probably have loses to Ali and Foreman. Joe Frazier would be undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by Heckler
              Sorry Rocky was inaccurate and relatively crude, yet effective. Rocky Marciano although a GREAT i believe is a bit overrated. Because of his undefeated record. But what GREATS did he beat, Louis doesn't count, Walcott doesn't make it on a top 10 list, ezzard charles doesn't often either. The best fighter he fought was an aging Charles. Not his fault, he had a huge heart and fought anyone that was game enough. But if you swapped Joe Fraziers position with Marcianos. Marciano would most probably have loses to Ali and Foreman. Joe Frazier would be undefeated.
              Dempsey, Louis, Liston, Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Holmes, Tyson at least go 49-0 against ROCKY'S competition

Comment

Dempsey, Louis, Liston, Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Holmes, Tyson at least go 49-0 against ROCKY'S competition
                Definatly.

Comment

Originally posted by smasher
                  evan holyfield, lewis, bowe, patterson, and johnson as well.

Comment

How do you know that? You have supernatural powers? Its stupid to act like someone who predicts things that never happened. Some of you are taking this boxing fantasy way too far.

Rocky Marciano
                    Only champion without flaws.
                    Only Champion to retire undefeated.
                    Highest KO% ever.

Just want to point out how great he was before you guys start insulting him again.

Comment

Working...
                    X