Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan's first "Maidana experience": Khan vs Willie Limond

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember this fight,very exciting...But it was also the first place I seen Khan to be a really flawed fighter...But it's also the fight in which I found out that Khan is a very fun exciting fighter..I still feel both ways..Very good and informative fight..

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
      I forgot about that fight. Good round to be honest.

Just shows then that Khan has a lot of heart but man the guys defence back then to now hasn't changed. As soon as he got KO'd by Prescott he should have looked at going to a more defence minded coach who teach him at least the basics of having a good defence. Warning signs were always there.

A rematch against Prescott would be interesting.
      No matter the Coach Khan himself has to buy in that defense is the key to him winning..That defense first mind set is just that,a mind set...Khan just does not seem to have this in his head at all..

Even in a fight you can figure out,hey my chance to survive is to approach my opponent in a more careful(defensive)manner..But if that is just not part of your mental make up,you might know it but will never apply it..IMO this is Khan's biggest flaw and a reason he will/has loss a lot of big fights..His pride..

I agree a rematch with Prescott is very interesting,and very dangerous..

Comment

I love seeing Khan hurt and/or sparked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
          Let's not be silly now with the Vitali comment. Is expecting a fighter to fight somebody his own weight wrong?

Want another example if it helps?

Maidana was paid step aside money so Khan wouldn't have to fight him for a year. After the year was up Khan still didn't want nothing to do with him. Maidana had to write a begging letter to his organization to force the fight. Are you disputing this?

Khan shows a lot of heart when he fights, I've said this before and he is in exciting fights but let's not act like he has never dodged a fighter or taken an easier option. Its a myth
          mccloskey, peterson, malignaggi, kotelnik, molina... they all have something in common.

Comment

There was some good corner work in Khan's corner...Khan has always had problems with fighters that are,or around his height...

Comment

Lmao at Khan telling the ref that it was a push. He didn't even know where the hell he was. Khan had always been a pathetic twat.

Comment

Watching this makes me realize how much Khan hasn't changed. He went up to 140, which probably made a difference in his conditioning/punch resistance, but he still fights in virtually the same manner. A lot of flurries, nervous energy, leaning in as he throws and losing his balance. He even got hurt in an exchange with a sneaky overhand right due to his own over-zealousness. Left hook and overhand right, he still has problems seeing those shots coming. His offense is predictable and he's defensively irresponsible.

When is Khan gonna get the message that he fights in a manner that will always get him in trouble?
                Last edited by kiaba360; 01-28-2013, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  Watching this makes me realize how much Khan hasn't changed. He went up to 140, which probably made a difference in his conditioning/punch resistance, but he still fights in virtually the same manner. A lot of flurries, nervous energy, leaning in as he throws and losing his balance. He even got hurt in an exchange with a sneaky overhand right due to his own over-zealousness. Left hook and overhand right, he still has problems seeing those shots coming. His offense is predictable and he's defensively irresponsible.

When is Khan gonna get the message that he fights in a manner that will always get him in trouble?
                  He''ll never get that message,it's not in his mentality to fight any other way..I don't care who is training him,his bad habits are set in...

Comment

Working...
                  X