No announcement yet.

roadwork

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roadwork

i know all the professionals go about their roadwork daily. But as an amateur is this really essential? Some trainers say no, because long slow running is not specific to the sport. How many amateurs here actually do roadwork?

I do but not every day

Comment

ya

me

whoever said that aint tha best trainer in tha world...

Comment

i tend to use the excersise bike more than running. but i do some roadwork too.

Comment

I think distance runnings a good way to get an extra edge if you have the time/motivation. I train in the wrestling room at my college and I do alot of sprinting back and forth on the mats after training is over. Sometimes I sprint to one wall and then jog back for a while so that its kind of like fighting in spurts in a fight. I like sprinting better because I can get it over with quick. And you know its a good workout if you feel like puking when your done.

Comment

ya thats true but you want stamina, thats why u run for a long time, but if your mixing it like that like intervals thats good.

Comment

i run for 30mins a day

Comment

good stuff, ive now started running

Comment

ID run like once a week. True it isnt really essential for am's but it wouldnt hurt.At training camps they make us do 2 minute sprints.

Comment

Working...
                  X