Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Edgar #2 P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edgar isn't even top 5 for me sorry. Good fighter, but he doesn't compare to GSP, who beats his opponents MUCH more convincingly than Frankie.

Comment

So what is Dana White smoking then?

Comment

Originally posted by 'Sugar' Freddi View Post
        So what is Dana White smoking then?
        GSP actually agreed with him..

I dunno maybe he is trying to light a fire under GSP ass and get him to fight more aggressively and finish when he is clearly superior.

Edgar is top 5 for me.. i think he has two stiff challenges coming his way

Comment

Originally posted by DR BOB View Post
          GSP actually agreed with him..

I dunno maybe he is trying to light a fire under GSP ass and get him to fight more aggressively and finish when he is clearly superior.

Edgar is top 5 for me.. i think he has two stiff challenges coming his way
          He did? When?

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
            I don't even think Edgar is the best lightweight in the world. Gil is #1....
            Nut hugging much?
            Know you love the Stockton crew but c'mon.........
            He hasn't nearly as good compitition as Frankie.
            Frankie beat Bj Penn twice (arguably not the first fight but absolutely dominated Bj in the rematch),
            Knocked Maynard out and In my opinion, won the fight before that.
            Frankie is without a doubt the #1 LW in the world.

Comment

Frankie should be over Jones on the P4P rankings and I'm a huge Jones fan.
              Frankie has defended his belt 2-3 times(should have one the second fight against Gray but it ended with a draw as we all know) over Maynard and BJ Penn.
              He absolutely dominated the former top 3 P4P BJ Penn and KO'd Maynard,
              That is a better title resume then what Jones has.

Comment

Let me give this P4P thing a try

1. Anderson Silva
                2. Georges St. Pierre
                3. Jose Aldo
                4. Jon Jones
                5. Dominick Cruz
                6. Jon Fitch
                7. Frank Edgar
                8. Gilbert Melendez
                9. Dan Henderson
                10. Shogun Rua

???

What do you guys think of that?

Comment

I feel like a dick for having Frank Edgar that low, but I think the guys ahead of him are just that much more impressive.

Oh, and for the record Gilbert Melendez is going to style all over Frank Edgar.

Comment

1. Anderson Silva
                    2. GSP

Thats a definite.

Jones only has 2 good wins. He's number 6 at BEST. The nuthugging on him is ****in ridiculous. Edgar did beat BJ twice who was a top 3 P4P fighter at the time. Shogun was barely top 5 at best off the machida fights. You can't make Jones a P4P top 3 guy based off one defense.

Aldo edges it out for the 3rd spot just because he has more defenses and been more dominant in them too but Edgars actually been more exciting lately.

Aldo beat Faber, Brown, Manny, Florian, and Homminck. All world class fighters. Would mention Swanson whos a sick fighter too but im sure 99% of you don't even know who he is.

so

1. Anderson
                    2. GSP
                    3. Aldo
                    4. Edgar

Only list that makes sense. Any other list is ****in ******ed. Its based off number of defenses, quality of opponent and then dominance. Lets see Jones beat Machida & Rashad then we can have an arguement.

Comment

I disagree entirely, my dude.

I believe that every fight after O Brien has been a against a top 10 guy for Jones. I'm no jones fan but there is no understating his dominance.

Comment

Working...
                      X