No announcement yet.

DAZN production value

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
    Interview some fighters, or you know do what everyone else does and show replays of the previous rounds action.

yeah they barely had any replays inbetween rounds. There was one time they were talking about a big shot Jacobs landed and I missed it during the round, distracted or whatever. Im waiting for the slow mo replay while they were talking about it after the round and it just never happened, WTF guys, what is this 1936 and Im listening to a fight on the radio? Have the replays ready.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      Especially when you are trying to lure the casual fan. Boxing fans don't need DAZN to watch fights. We are going to watch the fights no matter what. However, if they are serious about expanding the popularity of the sport; Perhaps putting it on the internet while taking it off television may not have been the wisest of choices. Boxing could be easily lost in the shuffle this way and remain an isolated and niched sport.
      Great post bro. I think they should just start their own network like ESPN. DAZN should have a cable and streaming service. Relying just on streams is a disaster waiting to happen.

Comment

Considering the #1 trending on Twitter last night was Dazn Sucks I’m pretty sure they lost all consumer confidence.

uS boxing fans are typically older. They are not going to use Dazn.

Comment

That fight seriously lacked a big time fight feel. It felt nothing like HBO or Showtime.

I made a thread about the lighting as well. They had the stadium so bright you could see everyone in there. Usually it is much darker on the outside of the front rows with the boxing ring lit up for contrast.

Nothing about that event seemed to be anywhere near HBO or Showtime. The commentary, audio, lighting was all lower tier.

Comment

More than anything the broadcast was low energy and didn't have a big fight feel. The lighting also isn't par to say Showtime and I didn't get why no replays were known between rounds. What was the reason for that? The audio around the ring didn't pick up sound of the shots like other networks do, but this was their first big show. Let's see how they adjust. To their credit, they already made a change to the broadcast team once it became clear that SRL just wasn't cutting it in that role.

Next big show is the Joshua fight. That's where I'm interested in seeing what changes and tweaks they make, if any.

Comment

Also, the audio wasn't good. The punches landing and sound around the ring wasn't right.

I am a big fan of what DAZN is trying to do but that **** had an amateur feel to it compared to HBO, Showtime, or the UFC.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                More than anything the broadcast was low energy and didn't have a big fight feel. The lighting also isn't par to say Showtime and I didn't get why no replays were known between rounds. What was the reason for that? The audio around the ring didn't pick up sound of the shots like other networks do, but this was their first big show. Let's see how they adjust. To their credit, they already made a change to the broadcast team once it became clear that SRL just wasn't cutting it in that role.

Next big show is the Joshua fight. That's where I'm interested in seeing what changes and tweaks they make, if any.

I was gonna say it just felt a little "off" but couldnt pinpoint what it was until saw your post. Camera angles were a little off and didnt realize no replays... wtf?? I subscribed for the month, so hopefully see some changes for the Joshua fight. IMO not a fan of the gray canvas either they've had on some other fights.

Comment

Originally posted by TexDeuce View Post
                  Also, the audio wasn't good. The punches landing and sound around the ring wasn't right.

I am a big fan of what DAZN is trying to do but that **** had an amateur feel to it compared to HBO, Showtime, or the UFC.
                  Completely agree with that, never really felt the crowd much. It all felt a bit subdued.

Comment

DAZN has some work to do it didnt give off the big fight feel. Nobody puts on a big boxing event like HBO did!

DAZN needs to rehaul their entire commentating crew they all suck!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
                      Considering the #1 trending on Twitter last night was Dazn Sucks I’m pretty sure they lost all consumer confidence.

uS boxing fans are typically older. They are not going to use Dazn.
                      Whoa....hold on there you young whippersnapper!

Comment

Working...
                      X