Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hector Lombard signed with the UFC!!?!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Hector Lombard signed with the UFC!!?!!

holy ****, Lombard signed with the UFC in April and nobody mentioned it in this forum?

I just found out about it now. And he's fighting Boetsch at UFC 149 in 2 weeks.

Damn. I've been waiting for him to fight in the UFC forever.

Yeah lol he was originally scheduled to face Brian Stann who withdrew from an injury.

I believe Bisping was also scheduled to fight Boetsch and got the offer to fight Lombard, then Bisping claimed an injury so Boetsch stepped in!

Should be fireworks, Boetsch is tough as nails and seriously strong, also on a 3-4 fight win streak since dropping to 185.

Can not wait for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Yeah lol he was originally scheduled to face Brian Stann who withdrew from an injury.

I believe Bisping was also scheduled to fight Boetsch and got the offer to fight Lombard, then Bisping claimed an injury so Boetsch stepped in!

Should be fireworks, Boetsch is tough as nails and seriously strong, also on a 3-4 fight win streak since dropping to 185.

Can not wait for this one.
      its gonna be good. Lombard rules.

Hopefully Lombard vs Silva happens soon.

Silva would win, but at least Lombard would be the best fighter he's probably ever faced. would be a good fight guaranteed.

Comment

I have Lombard going through this dude.

He's the closest thing to beating Anderson at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
          its gonna be good. Lombard rules.

Hopefully Lombard vs Silva happens soon.

Silva would win, but at least Lombard would be the best fighter he's probably ever faced. would be a good fight guaranteed.

That is a fight I have been dying to see for some time.
          Lombard is an animal though I guess we can't take Boetsch for granted.

I would love to see Mamed Khalidov in the UFC as well as Gegard Mousasi (though I believe hes extended his contract sadly)

Comment

having said that, UFC 149 should not be a ppv. I've seen so many tv cards that are better than this.

Comment

i knew about it when it happened.

he'll be an interesting addition to the mw landscape but i wouldn't be surprised if we see him at 170 eventually.

Comment

Everyone is a badass until they have to fight top notch dudes everyfight. Let's see how legit Lombard is after his next few fights.

Comment

Nobody mentioned it because Lombard is an overrated hypejob, not to mention a giant tool.

He gets his ass kicked by pretty much any top 5 MW including Okami, Sonnen, Belfort, Anderson, and possibly even Bisping.

Lombard would be killed by Anderson, in fact Sonnen has a better chance of beating Anderson in a third fight.

The only fighters who pose stylistic match-up problems for Silva are Sonnen, Jones and Velasquez or similar fighters
                  Last edited by Jack3d; 07-08-2012, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack3d View Post
                    Nobody mentioned it because Lombard is an overrated hypejob, not to mention a giant tool.

He gets his ass kicked by pretty much any top 5 MW including Okami, Sonnen, Belfort, Anderson, and possibly even Bisping.

Lombard would be killed by Anderson, in fact Sonnen has a better chance of beating Anderson in a third fight.

The only fighters who pose stylistic match-up problems for Silva are Sonnen, Jones and Velasquez or similar fighters
                    that's why i posted about him being 170.

he's big(wide) but his measurements put him at disadvantages with ufc MWs. reach, height. and he's no Hendo. (inb4 hendo measurement responses)

Comment

Working...
                    X