• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: rough kids

EDITEd
    EDITED
    EDITED
    EDITED
    Last edited by boxing4ever; 03-15-2008, 10:27 PM.

My gym was 95% mexican and they were the dopest mother ****ers around. If you trained hard and didn't complain, no one gave you ****. It was like a family in that place. Only one of four trainers spoke english and everything I learned was through interaction instead of speaking, which made **** a lot easier because instead of listening to people, I would just watch.

Now I go to another gym which has more white people but still the majority is mexican and it's the same way. Mostly all worth-while gyms are in ****ty areas because credited gyms don't make you pay 100$ a month to ****ing train. It's all about giving back to the community - that's what boxing is.

MMA gyms have everything a boxing gym has + a mat and somehow expect people to pay 100$ a ****ing month.. which is why MMA gyms are bull**** to me. It's a ****ing fad and greedy owners are taking advantage of people with money.

Comment

Originally posted by kryo View Post
      My gym was 95% mexican and they were the dopest mother ****ers around. If you trained hard and didn't complain, no one gave you ****. It was like a family in that place. Only one of four trainers spoke english and everything I learned was through interaction instead of speaking, which made **** a lot easier because instead of listening to people, I would just watch.

Now I go to another gym which has more white people but still the majority is mexican and it's the same way. Mostly all worth-while gyms are in ****ty areas because credited gyms don't make you pay 100$ a month to ****ing train. It's all about giving back to the community - that's what boxing is.

MMA gyms have everything a boxing gym has + a mat and somehow expect people to pay 100$ a ****ing month.. which is why MMA gyms are bull**** to me. It's a ****ing fad and greedy owners are taking advantage of people with money.
      ex"f**king"actly! you couldnt of said it any better man. Mostly it is the gyms that are in the urban and broke down areas are the ones with the hunger in the gym atmosphere.

Comment

Training with "rough" people can only make you prepared and mentally harder than normal, doesnt have much negative effect unless you act an idiot. Look at people like mike tyson and bernard hopkins, they grew up in areas alot worse than anything most people go through and what they went through has alot to do with how ruthless and relentless they are in the ring.

Comment

trainin with rough as **** people can make or break u.

u can either be a ***** and keep yaself to yaself and subsequently may become a victim from 1 or 2 people givin u **** or u can step ur game up, however step ur game up too much and start being mouthy will get ur head blown off lol :P (dependin how hood the geezers are and the area ur in of course)

Comment

Working...
          X