Johnson: Pacquiao fights dead men

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjbj2 View Post
    Who the hell is Johnson anyway?

I'm freaking close to 30 and I never heard of him.

No, I'm googling the guy out.
    He is an ATG Flyweight, who never really fought a high level of opposition due to issues that really weren't his fought.

People wanted to see Ricardo Lopez move up to face him, but Lopez more or less took the Haglar route in the sense of dominated his division and being an all-time great/champion at his certain weight class....no duck on Lopez part.

Also there were talks of a Tapia bout, but Johnny pursued bigger bouts in higher weight classes.....on top of Tapia just outgrowing those divisions.

Crazy thing is Manny and Johnson were around the same weight class, if not same division at one point, but do to the sigsurat loss and him outgrowing the division, that fight wasn't possible as well.

At the end of the day, Johnson can't talk as his resume isn't the stuff of legends.....to put it nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
      I'm usually the first to do what's in bold, but I'll take a step away from that to say this............why is there so much hating going on in boxing?

It's sad that people can't accept the fact Manny is a great fighter.

I say this because how can anyone say that Cotto, Clottey, Marquez or even Margarito were dead mean in their bouts?

I can definitely see Mosley as I feel that was a ridiculous fight, but it's funny to me how people are using that to define Manny's career.
      like i said before, johnson is probably saying this as a comparison to pacquiao's status as a no.1 p4p fighter, not his entire career. that's why he mentioned the fighters he did. and for the most part, since the de la hoya win, that's when pacquiao actually broke out into a known name. people are going to look at this time of pacquiao's career because this is when he started breaking records and became a world renowned fighter. so to a certain extent these last couple of years will define pacquiao's career because that is what his legacy will be most known for.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
        Not sure if johnson is really a pachater or just jealous he never got the opportunity some of the caliber of fighters pacquiao has faced. The whole dead men claim has been done to death and has proven itself false over and over and over.

Barrera after being ko'd by pac went on a 4yr win streak. Olympic medalist rocky juarez couldnt beat him. Marquez could barely beat him before being completely dismantled by pac again.

Morales was such a dead man that just this year many believe beat madaina. The same madaina who's in his prime and knocked out victor ortiz.

Marquez couldnt be stopped by the much younger juan diaz or katsidis either.

Cotto just avenged the only other loss in his career and all you would have to do is look at the front page of nsb to see to see how few people think is shot to the point of no return.
        Too many holes and fictitious claims to bother with. SMDH!

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
          Not sure if johnson is really a pachater or just jealous he never got the opportunity some of the caliber of fighters pacquiao has faced. The whole dead men claim has been done to death and has proven itself false over and over and over.

Barrera after being ko'd by pac went on a 4yr win streak. Olympic medalist rocky juarez couldnt beat him. Marquez could barely beat him before being completely dismantled by pac again.

Morales was such a dead man that just this year many believe beat madaina. The same madaina who's in his prime and knocked out victor ortiz.

Marquez couldnt be stopped by the much younger juan diaz or katsidis either.

Cotto just avenged the only other loss in his career and all you would have to do is look at the front page of nsb to see to see how few people think is shot to the point of no return.
          We can debate this until people are blue in the face but there are some clear facts. All of these guys were coming off losses.
          Mosley
          Cotto
          Margarito
          Clottey

Which one of these guys didnt fight at a catch weight?

Which one of these guys after knocking out Margarito did PAC and Roach clearly avoid until Mayweather and Mora looked decent against. Its not my opinion check You tube Roach cherry picking and you will get all the details.

Name one of these fighters that were in the same timeframe and division with PAC that he fought.
          Humberto Soto
          Juan Guzman
          Tim Bradley
          Devon Alexander
          Nate Campbell
          Kendall Holt
          Robert Guerrero
          Andre Berto
          Victor Ortiz
          YURI FOREMAN
          PAUL WILLIAMS
          Marcos Madina and numerous other. This aint me hating its fact and I could probably draw up the same list for floyd but Manny gets more credit for beating the same opposition as Floyd but none of the criticism for fighting less than stellar opponents. I think PAC's rep has been inflated but his fighting style is very entertaining. ATG probably not. IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
            like i said before, johnson is probably saying this as a comparison to pacquiao's status as a no.1 p4p fighter, not his entire career. that's why he mentioned the fighters he did. and for the most part, since the de la hoya win, that's when pacquiao actually broke out into a known name. people are going to look at this time of pacquiao's career because this is when he started breaking records and became a world renowned fighter. so to a certain extent these last couple of years will define pacquiao's career because that is what his legacy will be most known for.
            It's just Johnson hating......period.

I can understand why because both were at Flyweight at one point IIRC and Manny blew up while Johnson kinda faded into oblivion (not really his fault).

I remember him and his accomplishments, as I'm sure most hardcore fans and those who followed the lower weight classes, but again this is him just being bitter.

I really don't get why so many boxers hate on Manny the way do.I follow a lot of sports, and boxing is the only one were there is a ton of hatred for the stars of the sport.

Comment

I don't see how that's Manny's fault. No one is to blame for that but Oscar himself as he set the weight, stipulations etc, and on top of that decided to prove a point by coming in lighter than Manny.

I mean if your opponent doesn't show up, who's fault is that? This is also why I don't blame the Klitschko's when there opponents show up fat and out of shape....only to get demolished.
              Actually you're right, Oscar cherry picked Manny so I don't blame Manny for fighting Oscar which made him an instant star - unfortunately for Oscar it was a huge misjudgement.

Comment

It's just Johnson hating......period.

I can understand why because both were at Flyweight at one point IIRC and Manny blew up while Johnson kinda faded into oblivion (not really his fault).

I remember him and his accomplishments, as I'm sure most hardcore fans and those who followed the lower weight classes, but again this is him just being bitter.

I really don't get why so many boxers hate on Manny the way do.I follow a lot of sports, and boxing is the only one were there is a ton of hatred for the stars of the sport.
                "2000-2004 Pacquiao gets his ass whooped by Too Sharp. Period. End of Story."

The Truck

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Turner View Post
                  "2000-2004 Pacquiao gets his ass whooped by Too Sharp. Period. End of Story."

The Truck
                  Are you sure about that because that same Johnson got demolished by Rafael Marquez.

I could see a 1999 flyweight version of Johnson possible UD Pacquiao at flyweight, but at that point (the time frame your referencing) Manny absolutely steam rolls Johnson.

Comment

Are you sure about that because that same Johnson got demolished by Rafael Marquez.

I could see a 1999 flyweight version of Johnson possible UD Pacquiao at flyweight, but at that point (the time frame your referencing) Manny absolutely steam rolls Johnson.
                    " More like a argument can be made he got ROBBED the 1st fight, but got stretched the next. So what, **** getting stretched by R.Marquez is no shame compared to the bums Pacquiao was getting stretched out by back then."

The Truck

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Turner View Post
                      " More like a argument can be made he got ROBBED the 1st fight, but got stretched the next. So what, **** getting stretched by R.Marquez is no shame compared to the bums Pacquiao was getting stretched out by back then."

The Truck
                      TBH man there is not point in debating if you think a 118 version of Johnson, who was pretty much finished at the elite level (although he did outbox Montiel) could beat a Pacquiao.......who was not only bigger, and faster....but was peaking against guys like Hussein, Ledwaba and Barrera.

Your an obvious troll....so I'll excuse myself from this conversation as it pretty clear what your trying to do here.

Comment

Working...
                      X