Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do class rankings work ? (non biased thread)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    B-hop is in the top 10 ATG MW but not at 175. Roy is tricky. Roy does not rank amongst the ATG's at 160 or 168... I think he does rank in the top 15 all time at 175
    Really? He was flawless at 168 Pounds. He also beat James Toney who ws the P4P Number 2 behind Sweet Pea. That division doesnt have a rich hsitory like that. Roy if anything is Top 10.

Who do you have Top 10 at 168?

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
      Really? He was flawless at 168 Pounds. He also beat James Toney who ws the P4P Number 2 behind Sweet Pea. That division doesnt have a rich hsitory like that. Roy if anything is Top 10.

Who do you have Top 10 at 168?
      No you right... At 168 he might even be top 5...

Comment

My bad, I misreaded... I thought it said in any particular division. But, it clearly says at that particular weight-class.
        Still answers my question though. I was just creating a scenario...thanks !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bacatit View Post
          Still answers my question though. I was just creating a scenario...thanks !!!
          I already answered it... B-Hop is the greater MW. His body of work in that weight-class is greater than Roy body of work. Nothing that happens now will change that. Roy beating B-Hop will prove IMO once and for all that Roy is overall P4P the greater fight. But, Hopkins will go down as the greater MW IMO...

Comment

No you right... At 168 he might even be top 5...
            Now that I think about it. Its hilarious that Otkke could be a Top 5 168 Pounder.

Comment

Now that I think about it. Its hilarious that Otkke could be a Top 5 168 Pounder.
              Yea he could... When I was writing too fast that I didn't even really think about the 168 not having a rich history...

Comment

Originally posted by Bacatit View Post
                I was just watching part 3 of the Mayweather Mosley Press Conference and I notice they called Floyd one of the greatest WW of all time. I also know Pac is considered one of the greatest WW's of all time.

My question is If a guy is constantly changing weight classes are the judge by where they end up or where they started off or somewhere in between ?

For instance B-Hop has been a MW champ forever if Pac or Floyd moved up to MW having won there next bouts (Clottey/Shane), then retire after winning the majority of 6/7 fights at MW how will they be classified. They can't honestly be compared to B-Hop at MW and neither would have put in much work at Jr. WW/WW.

The same can be said for Roy and B-Hop , Roy was one of the best MW boxers ever but spent less time at MW, however Roy went on become a HW champion before his demise. Who's the higher ranking MW and how will that be determined ?
                please, just.....never mind

Comment

Yea he could... When I was writing too fast that I didn't even really think about the 168 not having a rich history...
                  Yeah **** happens. That bastard was undefeated and unified the divison. He has a case for Number 1. LMAO. Thats funny to me because he got so many gift decisions.

Comment

here's my thing i dont think you can put fighters like Manny and floyd

as the greatest in one particular weight class being that both fighters have been fighting at multiple weight classes, an argument could be made for ranking them in which weight they dominated longest but it wouldnt do the fighter justice, so whenever they do those greatest welters, lightweights, middleweights, etc of all time they should add a "greatest multiple weight champions of all time" category

lotta dudes would be on there, hearns, whitaker, de la hoya (okay maybe not), Roy Jones, Armstrong, obviously manny and floyd as well

Comment

Yeah **** happens. That bastard was undefeated and unified the divison. He has a case for Number 1. LMAO. Thats funny to me because he got so many gift decisions.
                      Ottke is clearly top 3 which is a damn shame... That is why I always disagree when people try to compare Joe 20 title defenses with Hopkins 20 title defense. And, what is crazy that both Ottke and Joe have over 20 title defenses and fought around the same time and never fougth each other... What kinda bull**** is that? When Hopkins was doing it. Nobody else was close to 20 title defenses. And, plus Hopkins was at MW which has over a 100yrs of history. So his record is much more valuable IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X