Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone used the Winning NG-2 GEL Knuckle guard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone used the Winning NG-2 GEL Knuckle guard?

http://winning-usa.com/extraitems.html (model NG-2, the gel version) (NG-1 is discontinued)

it's $13 per pair, and about $2-$3 for shipping. tax is about $1-$2.
    These knuckle guards are getting good reviews @ s h e r d o g dot net.

I ordered 2 pairs, and I asked Mr. Kazamuchi if he knows of any pros that use it. Here's what he said:

Thanks for your fast advice. I'd like to ship you two pairs
    of NG-2 Knuckle Guard on today by USPS FIRST CLASS.
    Juan Manuel Marquez, Fernando Vargas, Jose Navarro,
    Israel Vazquez are always using this Knuckle Guard.
    Have a nice day. 2009. 02. 19. KAZUMICHI

he said this, previously:

Thanks for your remind mail about your ordered.
    Sorry for not reply to your email yet till today.
    I'd like to ship you NG-2 Knuckle Guard on today
    but NG-1 is discontinued since last April because
    not popular also NG-2 became very popular item.
    Should I ship you two NG-2 Knuckle Guard?
    Waiting for your advice. 2009. 02. 19. KAZUMICHI

anyone who has experience ordering from Winning-usa, should know that Mr. Kazumichi is a kind, honest man. he is the lone distributor for Winning USA, located in Redondo Beach, CA (southern cali, LA). i've spoken with him on the phone when i called to check the status of my winning gloves that i ordered. we had a long conversation talking about boxing in general. this was a few days after DLH/Pac. he said that freddie roach owes him alot of money for the Winning gear he provided to roach. lol.
    Last edited by boxingsmash69; 02-19-2009, 05:39 PM.

never even heard of them, but if they are made of betagel, I'd get a pair. Ive seen a video of an egg dropped from 70ft in the air onto a half inch thick sheet of betagel and it didn't break. Incredible stuff. Need to start making boxing gear from it.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
      never even heard of them, but if they are made of betagel, I'd get a pair. Ive seen a video of an egg dropped from 70ft in the air onto a half inch thick sheet of betagel and it didn't break. Incredible stuff. Need to start making boxing gear from it.
      lol, what is betagel?

i know of a similar substance, used in Asics GEL cushioning technology for their shoes. they showed a video, where an egg was dropped from the 2nd floor, and landed on the GEL material, and it didnt break.

maybe it's the same thing? after all, Winning and Asics are both japanese companies.

Comment

http://www.google.com/search?q=betag...ient=firefox-a

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/egg-drop/...rop-300876.php

wow, impressive

Comment

Originally posted by boxingsmash69 View Post
          lol, what is betagel?

i know of a similar substance, used in Asics GEL cushioning technology for their shoes. they showed a video, where an egg was dropped from the 2nd floor, and landed on the GEL material, and it didnt break.

maybe it's the same thing? after all, Winning and Asics are both japanese companies.
          http://www.uberreview.com/2008/09/72...o-beta-gel.htm

Yeah, but alpha gel is what they have been using in shoes, beta gel is even more shock absorbent.

Comment

Yeah, they need to start making headgear and sparring gloves from that stuff pronto.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
              Yeah, they need to start making headgear and sparring gloves from that stuff pronto.
              and somehow incorporate the technology into mouthguards :-) (custom or non-custom)

Comment

Working...
              X