Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the July Warren show happen without Joe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the July Warren show happen without Joe?

Warren has been going on about Joe’s next fight taking place in July (when no big names are available). I’m assuming this is because they have a HBO slot or he’s already booked the Millenium Dome (02 venue).

If Joe could wait another couple of months both Taylor and Kessler would be available and we’d have a proper fight on our hands. But if Warren is already committed to a show at the 02 in July, can he pull it off without Joe? I think he can if he’s creative with his matchmaking and takes a few risks….

Maccarinelli Vs Bell – O’Neil Bell is ranked 12th by the WBO (a bit low but whatever) and would provide the first real test for Macca. I think Macca would get a lot of respect if he beat the iron-chinned Bell and I reckon he is very much capable of it. Macca is pretty good at battering shorter boxers and I don’t think a stoppage is unrealistic. Plus of course any fight O’Neil Bell is involved in is usually exciting to watch. Macca should bring a few thousand fans over from Wales

Nicky Cook Vs Luevano – Cook is the local lad who thoroughly deserves a shot at the title and Luevano is a good opponent. HBO were interested in showing this on the undercard of Cotto-Judah, and I believe this is still being negotiated, but if Warren wins the purse bid he could stage the fight in London where Cookie is bound to attract a big local crowd.

Alex Arthur Vs Gogaladze – If Guzman beats Katsidis to vacate his WBO superfeatherweight title, Warren is trying to put on Arthur – Gogaladze for the vacant title. I don’t know nothing about Gogaladze, and I’m sure Scots would want to see this fight in Scotland. But then again, Warren probably doesn’t give a **** about the scottish fans so could stage this fight in London to guarantee another 3000 or so seats sold to Arthur fans making their way south.

Kevin / Vinny Mitchell Vs Anyone – Local favourite bros, should sell a thousand or so tickets alone

Amir Khan Vs Anyone – The Khan fanclub will certainly turn up thousands strong

Could the above lineup sell out the 22000 capacity venue and get HBO coverage, or does Warren need Joe?

Originally posted by rooq View Post
    Warren has been going on about Joe’s next fight taking place in July (when no big names are available). I’m assuming this is because they have a HBO slot or he’s already booked the Millenium Dome (02 venue).

If Joe could wait another couple of months both Taylor and Kessler would be available and we’d have a proper fight on our hands. But if Warren is already committed to a show at the 02 in July, can he pull it off without Joe? I think he can if he’s creative with his matchmaking and takes a few risks….

Maccarinelli Vs Bell – O’Neil Bell is ranked 12th by the WBO (a bit low but whatever) and would provide the first real test for Macca. I think Macca would get a lot of respect if he beat the iron-chinned Bell and I reckon he is very much capable of it. Macca is pretty good at battering shorter boxers and I don’t think a stoppage is unrealistic. Plus of course any fight O’Neil Bell is involved in is usually exciting to watch. Macca should bring a few thousand fans over from Wales

Nicky Cook Vs Luevano – Cook is the local lad who thoroughly deserves a shot at the title and Luevano is a good opponent. HBO were interested in showing this on the undercard of Cotto-Judah, and I believe this is still being negotiated, but if Warren wins the purse bid he could stage the fight in London where Cookie is bound to attract a big local crowd.

Alex Arthur Vs Gogaladze – If Guzman beats Katsidis to vacate his WBO superfeatherweight title, Warren is trying to put on Arthur – Gogaladze for the vacant title. I don’t know nothing about Gogaladze, and I’m sure Scots would want to see this fight in Scotland. But then again, Warren probably doesn’t give a **** about the scottish fans so could stage this fight in London to guarantee another 3000 or so seats sold to Arthur fans making their way south.

Kevin / Vinny Mitchell Vs Anyone – Local favourite bros, should sell a thousand or so tickets alone

Could the above lineup sell out the 22000 capacity venue and get HBO coverage, or does Warren need Joe?
    I think he could sell out with Khan vs Murray theres 15000 tickets sold
    Plus a decent fight for Mitchell sold out.

Comment

Lets be honest, Joe will probably be fighting but it'll be someone ****, Khan sells out every venue!

Comment

If Frank could put on a bill like that it would do no harm. Its time for him to start taking risks with his fighters and none of those fights for world titles would be easy for his fighters. I would be pretty sure with the fighters on that bill that he would sell out but I cant see Warren doing it im afraid.

Comment

Warren needs to put on a good card if he has got any chance of keeping his itv contract, i think thats why he is trying for a july date.

Comment

I really really want to see what that girl in your sig looks like wit her top off duffgun!!

Comment

Originally posted by rooq View Post

glad you're listening to me frank. now make the rest happen, you know i'm right!

Comment

Working...
              X