Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wladimir Klitschko Sees Deontay Wilder as Future Star

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wladimir would say this if he had left Wilder crumpled in a pile in the corner. Because when he's talking about other boxers, he's one of the most wonderfully insincere people you'll ever hear.

It's very smart to praise fighters you may find yourself facing someday. It's also very classy.

But Wlad may or may not have actually meant this.

Comment

Deontay Wilder is the next Michael grant, trust me.

He'll be protected into a title shot and then get brain hemorrhaged in 1 round

Comment

Originally posted by U_TALKING_2_ME? View Post
        After this post i going to start lurking again, but really all the **** talking is amazing. the guy barely had any fights before wining a ****ing bronze medal in the ****ing Olympic games which by its self is a major accomplishment, 25 wins all by knock out even if they are not world-beaters if anyone has ever fought before knows how hard that is to do, and is sparing with the best heavyweight fighter on the planet and by the pictures and the words spoken has obviously earned Wladimir's respect. but some of you ****heads who's biggest accomplishment in life is going to the bathroom by yourself wanna talk ****? OK carry on
        He won a bronze against the worst class of HW to ever take part in the Olympics. The gold medalist (whoever that was) isn't even going to be a star. 25-0 with 25 KO's and neither major network has any interest. Why? Because they see what everyone else sees...a hype job...

Comment

Man I just got through watching some wider fights

He's bad, like sucky bad

Comment

Sure, Wilder may have talent. But how did he gain 11 pounds of lean muscle in less than two months (between Beck and Manswell)? Let me guess..

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              Deontay Wilder is the next Michael grant, trust me.

He'll be protected into a title shot and then get brain hemorrhaged in 1 round
              by the way michael grant wasn't protected. he fought several solid heavyweights including andrew golota to get his mandatory shot at lennox lewis. he just was never the same after that fight. he torn his knee up in his next fight vs McCline & then his pectoral muscle so he was out of boxing for a few years & never recovered. injuries & inactivity hurt any progress following the lewis fight. much like chagaev after a few injuries. i will post grant fights down the road & he fought his way up the ranks & did alright for a guy with little amateur experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                Sure, Wilder may have talent. But how did he gain 11 pounds of lean muscle in less than two months (between Beck and Manswell)? Let me guess..
                More eating and more lifting, less running. Anyway, Wilder with his height and size should weigh at least 230 pounds. Hes as tall as Wladimir Klitschko. There are better prospects at HW than Wilder though. Wilder has not proven anything. Even Fury, Mitchell and Price are more proven. And then we still have guys like Helenius, Solis and Pulev for example. There are lots of good fights that could be made at heavyweight. But the guys are not fighting or fight tomate cans, get injured, fights get cancelled so its pretty bad right now.
                Last edited by Tobi.G; 10-25-2012, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyFaceAssasin View Post
                  He won a bronze against the worst class of HW to ever take part in the Olympics. The gold medalist (whoever that was) isn't even going to be a star. 25-0 with 25 KO's and neither major network has any interest. Why? Because they see what everyone else sees...a hype job...
                  The guy that won the gold medal, Rakhim Chakhkiev, is very good. He is a southpaw cruiserweight now fighting out of germany. He's getting close to being top 10. he's a good boxer with good power. People should remember, Wilder was fighting as a heavyweight in the Olympics (sub 201) not a superheavyweight.

Comment

I think Wilder will finally step up in 2013, and be regarded as a top ten heavyweight by the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                      I'll go with Hickey, Wlad made a fight with Mormeck and said he was like Tyson. I don't think Hickey is that dumb.
                      That was just him hyping the fight though.

Comment

Working...
                      X