No announcement yet.

Will Degale end up like audley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Degale end up like audley?

I wanna like this dude, I'm hoping he gets his career back on track before it's too late hopefully he starts fighting 5-6 times a year and we can see what he really has to offer. Hopefully he isn't just another wasted talent like audley. He's not getting any younger (27 in 4 months) and has only had 14 fights

Good question, although since losing to Groves he has achieved more than Groves.

Based on his last perfromance or last few performances I think he'll struggle against World level opposition.

Having not seen him for a while I did noticed his lack of power and he slaps a bit, havent seen too much mention of this before, at his age / weight etc he should be in his prime, I cant see him causing too many world level supermiddles too much problem.

He has speed / skill / stamina but need to pick punches better and with a bit more power.

Comment

I want to like him as well. I like getting behind my country men and cheering them to victory!!....BUT, as soon as this guy opens his mouth I hate him again.

I just can't stick him.

Comment

The man is a tard.

Eubank Jr, if and when he moves up to 168 will spank this fool.

Groves is a one hit wonder too, far too inactive.

Comment

I think degale has already archived more than audley tbh , he didn't look great Saturday but everyone has nights they make hard work of . I think he's doing well for 14 fights , I'm not sure if he will be a world champ but there's no reason why he can't be but I do think Hennessy was a bad choice the hearns would of given him more opportunities IMO

Comment

Originally posted by J.R View Post
            The man is a tard.

Eubank Jr, if and when he moves up to 168 will spank this fool.

Groves is a one hit wonder too, far too inactive.

This man ^ is a tard.

Eubank Jr, if anyone, is overrated. The guy has no power and exudes arrogance.

DeGale could become an excellent fighter, I just wish he'd drop his trainer and work on tightening up his defence. Groves is coming along nicely, he's just been unlucky with injuries - he has the potential to be in the world mix in 2013, but, like DeGale, is prone to cuts.

Comment

Degale is better than Audley already, needs a new trainer though

Comment

Agree with what has been said. DeGale has the talent to be World Champion but needs to switch trainers. If he stays with McDonnell he can still win a belt but he won't fulfil his full potential.

Comment

Although DeGale has looked lacklustre at this point in his career, he's shown heart and the ability to grit his teeth in a fight. He fought Wilczewski fight completely the wrong game-plan but still threw back after getting caught with some big shots.

I don't think he'll end up like Audley, he'll reach a good level and lose to the best at 168 but will ultimately never reach the top. He desperately needs a new trainer and to work on a lot of basic fundamentals, then his advanced techniques would work better.

Groves is our best at 168 followed by DeGale (for now) with Buglioni making his way up. I rate Eubank Jr higher than DeGale in a generalized way as he's showing much better ability.

Comment

He definitely lacks power. I wonder if this is to do with his switch hitting, any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                    X