Collapse
No announcement yet.

*** Ricky Burns vs Kevin Mitchell RBR + undercard Discussion ***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great performance from Burns. All though i was leaning towards a Burns win i didn't think he would stop Mitchell. Another good showing from Ricky.

The atmosphere sounded electric. I was sat with a load of Burns fans in the Echo Arena when he fought Nicky Cook and they were a great laugh. I'd love to take in a fight up in Scotland.

Looking forward to seeing what Burns does next, like-wise Mitchell as i still think theres alot of winnable fights for him in the division.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
      Didnt see the fight, I don't understand this result at all.

Mitchell took Murrays power fine, and Prescott in the past...how did he get blown out by Burns?

Getting caught by Katsidis you can understand, Mitchell is a complete enigma to me.
      When you see the fight, you'll somewhat get it. The size difference between them was huge.

Ricky is always a big lightweight, but he looked bigger than ever tonight. He was massive compared to Mitchell and looked far stronger physically.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        No need for Burns to travel tbf.

He could move to a stadium and sell 20,000 in Glasgow; that type of crowd and atmosphere wouldn't be anywhere else in the division.

No though, fights against Broner or Gamboa wouldn't be fights he could win. The rest of the division? Why not.
        We will see but I don't see neither one traveling at this point.
        Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        Out of Arthur, Burns, Murray, Mitchell, etc. I always thought Mitchell would turn out to be the best, the star. Never saw Burns coming
        Not gonna lie, I was not impressed by Burns' last performance but today he impressed for sure. Then again all Mitchell had to offer was 1 punch at the time and Burns found the way to exploit. Good stuff man, wish it would've gone 12 tho.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          When you see the fight, you'll somewhat get it. The size difference between them was huge.

Ricky is always a big lightweight, but he looked bigger than ever tonight. He was massive compared to Mitchell and looked far stronger physically.
          Yeah ok I'll have to check it out. For whatever reason there are some guys who can make the weight really tight but are still strong come fight night, Burns is one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
            Didnt see the fight, I don't understand this result at all.

Mitchell took Murrays power fine, and Prescott in the past...how did he get blown out by Burns?

Getting caught by Katsidis you can understand, Mitchell is a complete enigma to me.
            Sven Ottke ko'd anthony Mundine... thats a real enigma....

Basically Mitchell got desperate and tried to trade flat footed and got dropped by a perfectly placed left hook,it wasn't the power twas more the placing and timing... Mitchell never saw it coming

Comment

• GET IN THERE RICKY! What a result son!

His trainer Billy Nelson should get some credit too, he's done well with Burns

Check out my vid on the fight if u get a minute

Comment

Working...
              X