Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones Jr Or Rocky Marciano? Who Greater?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jones Jr Or Rocky Marciano? Who Greater?

Who do you think should be remembered as the greater fighter and why?

Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerseySugar View Post
      Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      you're doing alot of roy jones jr comparison.

Comment

I had Jones at 29 and Rocky at 32 or 33 the last time I did a list. So I think it's very close and I don't have any objection to the fighters being ranked either way around.

Comment

Prime? Jones. Over the whole career? Marciano. The longer Jones lets his career go on, the lower he moves on the Whole Career list.

Comment

Head to head.......

I would go with RJJ in a 12 round fight,and Marciano in a 15 round fight.

Resume's are fairly even.

Comment

Originally posted by GameGod View Post
              Prime? Jones. Over the whole career? Marciano. The longer Jones lets his career go on, the lower he moves on the Whole Career list.
              I really disagree with that. Roy could spend the next ten years killing himself getting KOed, and it doesn't change one thing he did at his best or how good he was. What he has done is what he has done, no amount of losses change that.

Comment

marciano has the better names on his resume but roy was obviously the more talented fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney!
                  Marciano by KO.
                  given the natural size difference i'd say that's a given. i don't think this thread is a h2h matchup though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney!
                    They were close to the same size.

Roy Jones had MUCH longer arms and reach (Rocky's reach was only 67" compared to Jones 74").

At 5'10" Jones is an inch taller than the 5'10" Marciano.
                    marciano was in shape at 200+ pounds and killed himself cutting down to 185-190. marciano was no ruiz. roy's height would mean nothing in that fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X