No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Ortiz beat Mayweather, Pac would actually fight Floyd :weed5:

It's good to see Mayweather back in action, I can't stand his layoffs though. He could be so much better and more accomplished if he would fight more often.

I want Ortiz to beat them both though. Probably will lose to both but definitely will be rooting for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by led's baby mama View Post
      If Ortiz beat Mayweather, Pac would actually fight Floyd :weed5:

It's good to see Mayweather back in action, I can't stand his layoffs though. He could be so much better and more accomplished if he would fight more often.

I want Ortiz to beat them both though. Probably will lose to both but definitely will be rooting for him.
      Ortiz isn't going to beat Mayweather and Floyd will never fight Manny. He has done his legacy and the fans of boxing a HUGE disservice since leaving the 130 division. He had the talent to be among the truly elite ATG's but chose the path of least resistance. But hey, he made a lot of money so its ok with his fans!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        Ortiz isn't going to beat Mayweather and Floyd will never fight Manny. He has done his legacy and the fans of boxing a HUGE disservice since leaving the 130 division. He had the talent to be among the truly elite ATG's but chose the path of least resistance. But hey, he made a lot of money so its ok with his fans!!
        If only Pacqiauo had accepted a simple drug testing procedure back in late 2009 and called Mayweather's 'bluff' we could quite literally see if Mayweather really wanted the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          If only Pacqiauo had accepted a simple drug testing procedure back in late 2009 and called Mayweather's 'bluff' we could quite literally see if Mayweather really wanted the fight.

If only Mayweather had just signed the fight like he did everyone else before Pac instead of slandering his name......

Comment

If only Mayweather had just signed the fight like he did everyone else before Pac instead of slandering his name......
            But, he asked for blood tests, though. Right?

Ok, he didn't ask anyone else for them prior to that. So? What does that matter?

He asked Pacquaio to do them along with himself. A little out of the ordinary? Kind of. But so what? Just do them and fight. Pretty simple.

According to his camp he's all for the drug tests now. If so, why not accept them then? I'm sure they had long enough to think about it.

Maybe it was all a bluff by Mayweather and he didn't really want the fight. That's a possibility.

Like I said, If only Pac didn't refuse to do a simple drug testing procedure, maybe we would all know. But, he did. So we don't.

Comment

But, he asked for blood tests, though. Right?

Ok, he didn't ask anyone else for them prior to that. So? What does that matter?

He asked Pacquaio to do them along with himself. A little out of the ordinary? Kind of. But so what? Just do them and fight. Pretty simple.

According to his camp he's all for the drug tests now. If so, why not accept them then? I'm sure they had long enough to think about it.

Maybe it was all a bluff by Mayweather and he didn't really want the fight. That's a possibility.

Like I said, If only Pac didn't refuse to do a simple drug testing procedure, maybe we would all know. But, he did. So we don't.
              He slandered Pac to try and get his way. I would have done the same thing as Manny. Now that the dust has settled from that Manny has said he would take the tests and even reportedly offered Mayweather 65 million, which was turned down. Floyd does not want this fight.

Comment

He slandered Pac to try and get his way. I would have done the same thing as Manny. Now that the dust has settled from that Manny has said he would take the tests and even reportedly offered Mayweather 65 million, which was turned down. Floyd does not want this fight.
                Oh, how convienient.

When he turns down the drug testing it is because Pac was being slandered and Floyd shouldn't have his way. Thus, Mayweather finding a way out.

When he allegedly accepts them, (how about just accpeting them the first time and not wasting everyones time whilst calling Floyd's bluff AND getting the fight you want so dearly signed, win-win situation there for Pac) It's still Mayweather's fault.

You believe Floyd doesn't want the fight. Ok, that's fine.

Like I said, If Pacqiauo had accepted a simple drug testing procedure and called Mayweather's 'bluff' then maybe we could have actual stone cold evidence of this. Shame he refused.

Comment

That's why I don't get fools who say "Mayweather already an elite ATG, he's higher then Hopkins!" Get real. The man had the potential to easily have a chance at top 15 P4P ATG's but played around all the time. At least Pac is fighting people. Pac will fight Bradley probably next spring If Mayweather continues not to man up. Maybe Alavrez especially if he brutally KO's roads and then if he could beat Paul Williams he'd deserve a shot at Pac.

Floyd shoulda fought Tyzu, Hatton, or Cotto at 140, and should have beaten Margarito and Cotto after Oscar. Then he would have truely been something special. Maybe if he fought Martinez he could redeem himself if he won, but he refuses so I think the top fighter of the last 20 years he's clearly behind Hopkins, Pac, and Roy, and I think their all pretty damn close to each other. If Hopkins could take a cruiserweight belt after if he beat Dawson or Pac beat Williams or Martinez at 154 they would take lead.

Comment

Oh, how convienient.

When he turns down the drug testing it is because Pac was being slandered and Floyd shouldn't have his way. Thus, Mayweather finding a way out.

When he allegedly accepts them, (how about just accpeting them the first time and not wasting everyones time whilst calling Floyd's bluff AND getting the fight you want so dearly signed, win-win situation there for Pac) It's still Mayweather's fault.

You believe Floyd doesn't want the fight. Ok, that's fine.

Like I said, If Pacqiauo had accepted a simple drug testing procedure and called Mayweather's 'bluff' then maybe we could have actual stone cold evidence of this. Shame he refused.
                    If you want to talk about convenience my friend than lets talk about Floyd first deciding to slander Pacquiao and than ask for tests. It has always been a ploy to gain the advantage psychologically. Why not fight the fight the same way you fought every fight before that? You seem to want to put all the blame on Manny, but it was Floyd that initiated this witch hunt. When he finally does get what he asked for he wants no part of it, go figure.

My biggest question is why doesn't anyone care about OSDT in any fighter but Pacquiao? Didn't Floyd say he was going to clean up boxing? Why no concern about other fighters being clean? Why are no other fighters being questioned?

Comment

• Originally posted by led's baby mama View Post
                      That's why I don't get fools who say "Mayweather already an elite ATG, he's higher then Hopkins!" Get real. The man had the potential to easily have a chance at top 15 P4P ATG's but played around all the time. At least Pac is fighting people. Pac will fight Bradley probably next spring If Mayweather continues not to man up. Maybe Alavrez especially if he brutally KO's roads and then if he could beat Paul Williams he'd deserve a shot at Pac.

Floyd shoulda fought Tyzu, Hatton, or Cotto at 140, and should have beaten Margarito and Cotto after Oscar. Then he would have truely been something special. Maybe if he fought Martinez he could redeem himself if he won, but he refuses so I think the top fighter of the last 20 years he's clearly behind Hopkins, Pac, and Roy, and I think their all pretty damn close to each other. If Hopkins could take a cruiserweight belt after if he beat Dawson or Pac beat Williams or Martinez at 154 they would take lead.
                      Talk me through when Mayweather should have fought Kosta Tszyu, please.

With Mayweather's choice of opponets available uring his 'retire' bull**** and slightly before that I still struggle to see how he could ever be considered a Top 15 ATG.

Mayweather could have pulled his weight alot more to make fights at 147 when he chose to retire but they wouldn't have enhanced his legacy that much.

Beating Pacquaio and the Middleweight Champion however, could.

Comment

Working...
                      X