Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lennox Lewis?

Comment

That's a good list overall.

My prediction for the best British boxer of the 22nd Century will be Callum Smith.

Comment

Haye is higher than Fury? No Naseem or Eubanks Sr? I ain't even British, but comon mang...

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          I'd have Fury above guys like Woods and Witter. The guy is THE Heavyweight champion, something few British boxers in history have achieved, and did it against a great fighter.
          Fury has one good win, in fact a very good win. Other than that he has a decent Chisora. That's his career. He can't be higher as of now. A champion must also defend his title or titles, we'll see how the next few years go for him.

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
          Haye is higher than Fury? No Naseem or Eubanks Sr? I ain't even British, but comon mang...
          Maybe read my post? I said any fighter on the list must have had 10 fights at least in this century.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
            That's a good list overall.

My prediction for the best British boxer of the 22nd Century will be Callum Smith.
            so you think callum smith will be fighting a hundred years from now?

Comment

Fury should be higher than Haye.

He succeeded in defeating Klitschko and becoming the real HW champ, while Haye failed.

Also, replace Nelson and Witter with DeGale and Brook.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                Fury should be higher than Haye.

He succeeded in defeating Klitschko and becoming the real HW champ, while Haye failed.

Also, replace Nelson and Witter with DeGale and Brook.
                Not until they've had more extensive careers, although DeGale is doing a lot better than Brook.

In terms of Haye, do you think he only fought at heavyweight? He was unified champ at cruiserweight and went on to win a heavyweight title, off the biggest heavyweight ever and defend, all while being grossly undersized.

Fury just outsized Wlad, nothing too spectacular, a very good win but not enough to elevate him over someone like Haye who had an extensive career across two divisions. Fury is my FOTY for 2015 but if he had stopped Wlad or actually beat him like he said he would, then yes, there's an argument of him instantly being higher, as he would have proven he was head and shoulders above Wlad.

Comment

Astonishing how many people can reply to a thread asking for the best British boxers of the 21st century and demand to know why boxers from the 1990s aren't on it.

Comment

No Kell Brook?

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                      Astonishing how many people can reply to a thread asking for the best British boxers of the 21st century and demand to know why boxers from the 1990s aren't on it.
                      They don't read much.

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      No Kell Brook?
                      No. Why should he after only beating Porter? His second best opponent is probably Jones lol

He has a chance of course, fights with Khan, Bradley, Thurman, and who knows.

Comment

Working...
                      X