I wish Khan had fought Marquez...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish Khan had fought Marquez...

...all those years ago.

I remember when this fight was being rumored and the whole boxing community was criticising Khan for targeting a 'smaller fighter'.

I wish Beristain didn't duck that fight because I believe Khan had the right style to win and get an ATG's name on his record.

Instead, Marquez went on to look as good as ever, and Khan suffered some set-backs.

Khan vs Marquez at 140 would have been a classic for as long as it lasted. Shame it didn't happen.

Possibly khan was very confident after the judah fight and marquez looked to be struggling with guys like katsidis. But marquez would of got a rematch and would of koed the one i call biscuit chin

Comment

Even with that chin, I believe Khan would have a fairly good chance for a UD, but you know how Marquez is with his counters, so a KO is a big possibility.

Comment

Khan probably dodged a bullet. or a bullet probably dodged him.

Comment

I remember being 100% confident that Khan would win that fight. I never dreamed Marquez would look so good moving up in weight again, and since Khan just looked more and more like Pacquiao with every fight leading up to losing to Garcia, I can't really defend that prediction now.

Comment

Hahahahah Juan would have easily caught Khan coming in ...

Khan would have early success but by the time the fourth round came on Marquez would have figured out Khans six punch combination or whatever and traded with bombs...

People forget how smart Marquez is and how one dimensional Khan is

Marquez is so good because he can adapt so well... Mayweather was just too much for him but he wouldn't take long to figure Khans pattern out,after all he does the same thing all the time... everytime Khan tried to throw a right uppercut from too far out he gets countered

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
              People forget how smart Marquez is and how one dimensional Khan is

Marquez is so good because he can adapt so well... Mayweather was just too much for him but he wouldn't take long to figure Khans pattern out
              agreed on all points. Mayweather's range and speed told for a full fight with JMM because he is a tremendous technician. Khan is not a tremendous technician.

Comment

JMM KOs Buscuit Chin...

Comment

i think khan would've had a good chance agants marquez pre- memo heredia

not anymore ..this is not to say marquez has been on peds since but simply to ackonwldege the hard work and the good judgement to have the right people in team marquez

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                    ..this is not to say marquez has been on peds since but simply to ackonwldege the hard work and the good judgement to have the right people in team marquez
                    a classy remark, sir.

Comment

Working...
                    X