Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would drug legalisation effect the U.S and South America?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its still just going to end as two different view points, as it always does

the shame is, it should be 'to each, their own'

as in, if you dont want to... DONT

but dont tell others what they can and cannot do with their body

Comment

Originally posted by RwK View Post
      As far as most people being in jail for drug charges I also disagree.

Many people fail drug screens while they're on probation/parole and are sent back for a violation of their parole/probation.
      thats not a drug crime though... i should have reworded

incarceration for drug crimes

Comment

For me, the legalisation of drugs will add massively to the already huge numbers of drug addicts that exist in the world today.

Even if legalisation drives down the cost of drugs and people no longer have to resort to criminal measures to afford their fix, it won't stop the associated health problems certain drug addictions cause, and the societal degradation that goes along with it.

Health costs will rise at the expense of the tax payer, there will be more broken homes (absent parents etc), economic costs (people losing their jobs due to addiction etc).

If all drugs are legalised and sold on the open market, already poor communities will slip even deeper into poverty and it will be hard to reverse any damage caused.

And Vet - Each to their own is perfectly reasonable, if acting in such a manner doesn't encroach on another persons freedoms. Drug addictions rarely ever only effect a single individual. If three kids are reliant on their single mother and she dies in a drug overdose, the harm done to those kids is grave and irreparable. The state is then responsible for those kids, further adding to the economic and societal burdens of drug use.

Comment

so banning something across the board for EVERYONE isnt encroaching on another's freedom?

i understand all that you're saying and i've heard it many times before... my mind hasnt and wont change and yours likely wont either

i've researched these things extensively at times, and am in firm belief that things are worse NOW than they will be

do i expect you or anyone else to believe that? no but you asked

Comment

Not every illegal drug should be made legal, some just do too much damage. But Marihuana should be legal throughout this country. Marihuana is not like the other drugs, it is not physically addictive. In Michigan they have made it legal with a doctors prescription and the purchace of an MMMA card.

Marihuana has been beaten on by the government for years, they try to make it out as some harmfull drug addict thing but it's no where close to that. Finally some state governments have opened their eyes to the medicinal value of the plant, allowing their citizens to use the drug for medicinal purposes.

I was checked out by a doc and was given a prescription for various injuries that I sustained during my boxing career. Let me tell you that marihuana helps both physical and mental ailments. While it should not be prescribed for every ailment there are many many ailments that it will remedy.

By Michigan making it legal (with the mma card) this will stop the huge importation of the drug from Mexico and various places. It will take ALOT of money out of the black market and will put that money into our economic system rather than it going to foreign countries. It will take good, law abiding citizens out of the dark alleys and away from the criminal element by allowing them to purchace their choice of medication from legal dispensaries while keeping everything above the table.

Aswell, many people with illnesses will be able to sell to others with the MMMA cards, a true oppertunity to get off of disability and make a living on their own if they choose to be a caregiver. I know that if I was to become a caregiver and had 5 patients that I cared for I could bring in more money per month than disability alots me by selling just 1 ounce per month to each of my 5 patients, and that would be selling it at a 45% discount to what the going rate is. It could take alot of people off of disability, leaving the state with less to pay out to its dependants aswell as more tax revenue coming in each year.

Should every drug be legal, I think not. Some just do too much physical and mental damage. But Marihuana is one that should be legal, as many states are beginning to see............Rockin'

Comment

I think it would be an awful thing to do. As a kid the hardest drug I ever did was weed but had coke or something stronger been easier to get I'm sure I would of tried it. Of course now, as an adult, I wouldn't even consider it but when you're young you do dumb ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                I think it would be an awful thing to do. As a kid the hardest drug I ever did was weed but had coke or something stronger been easier to get I'm sure I would of tried it. Of course now, as an adult, I wouldn't even consider it but when you're young you do dumb ****.

and when you do dumb ****, you have to deal with consequences. We all know guys who got in deep and either got killed or have ****ed up their lives. Personally I never wanted to be in that spot so I don't **** with it. If you observe bad behavior by friends leading them into the worst of situations and you do it anyway...well, that's insane.

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
                  and when you do dumb ****, you have to deal with consequences. We all know guys who got in deep and either got killed or have ****ed up their lives. Personally I never wanted to be in that spot so I don't **** with it. If you observe bad behavior by friends leading them into the worst of situations and you do it anyway...well, that's insane.
                  True, but peer pressure is a ***** when you're a teen. Look at weed, yes, it probably is harmless but still illegal and almost everyone does that because their buds talk them into it. If heavy drugs were legal, it would be the same thing. Majority of us would be pressured into it and most of us would become addicts or die pretty young. I'm sure some would be strong enough to say no but majority wouldn't. I know that drug cartels are awful and responsible for so much violence but if heavy drugs were legal most of Americas youth would be living in a ditch or killing other people to get their money for a quick fix.

Comment

Since kids are brainwashed in schools that marijuana is the same as heroine and meth kids equate them all in the same group. They then huff paint and do all kinds of asinine things to get a buzz where if they just smoked a joint it would be harmless.

Marijuana and pure MDMA (ecstasy in it's pure form) are less harmful than alcohol, but they are demonized and placed in the same camp as poisonous chemicals that completely destroy you like heroine.

The fact is having a war on (some) drugs does not adress the root issue involved, it taxes and punishes those who would rather have nothing to do with drugs, it destroys the lives and families of those who choose to smoke weed, and what is it really stopping? The prison business is big, and that's what the war on drugs supports.

The US has the largest per-capita prison population of any nation in the world. The US has less than 5% of the total earth population, but over 25% of the total earth prisoners. Wrap your head around that.

People need to be educated and reasoned with instead of brainwashed. Don't lie to kids and tell them Marijuana is poison and the worse choice you could ever make.
                    Last edited by Kevin Malone; 05-22-2011, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by - v e t - View Post
                      its still just going to end as two different view points, as it always does

the shame is, it should be 'to each, their own'

as in, if you dont want to... DONT

but dont tell others what they can and cannot do with their body
                      The problem is those who like certain chemicals to be banned want to force you and I to pay for the enforcement to ban it when we don't want to. They will use violence to get their way. Those who want individuals to educate themselves on reality want no violence to be used.

Comment

Working...
                      X