Comments Thread For: Bradley Prefers Cotto Showdown Over Pacquiao III

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogfish View Post
    "greatness is measured by the amount of risk you take"

true. this is why floyd is gappy. he took no risk. never had a fight with unfavorable odds.
    Where are all these fights that would've had unfavourable odds, and why make this thread about Floyd?

Comment

But at what weight? Bradley is far too short for anything north of 147 and Cotto hits hard even at the higher weights. This could be Bradley's first KO loss.

Comment

I like it.

Comment

true. this is why floyd is gappy. he took no risk. never had a fight with unfavorable odds.
          Tell me how in the world would the best fighter on the planet be an underdog to anyone around his weight?

Comment

I can't wait for this one !warr Cottto!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I would like to see Cotto vs. Bradley! I think Bradley knows that if he goes the distance with Pacquiao, in Manny's last fight, that it's highly unlikely that he gets a decision. On the other hand, if Bradley wins then the excuses will begin, "Manny was washed up since Marquez," "Manny just had shoulder surgery," "Manny is too focused on politics, etc." Cotto vs. Bradley in 2016! Make it happen!

Comment

December 8, 2015

All indications are according to the Desert Sun, Timothy Bradley is the leading candidate over Terrence Crawford and Amir Khan...

As stated in the Sun, fighting Bradley makes the most sense for Pacquiao because...."He’s still a big name, a world champion, and someone Pacquaio has had success against in the past. And because it may be Pacquiao’s last fight, that alone could be enough to generate interest and pay-per-view buys. In addition, Bradley tore a calf muscle early in the second fight and, if healthy, the fight could be more interesting this time around."

Yes, the Sun is correct, Pacquiao is most familiar with Bradley, but I believe it is a risky fight for him. If Manny chose to fight Amir Khan, Pacquiao is familiar with him due to their many rounds sparring each other during fight preparation for both. In addition to that, I have no doubt when they get in the ring, due to Pacquiao's superior power and confidence, he'd dictate the terms of the fight once they touched gloves because of Amir's questionable punch resistance. As for Crawford, he is the most dangerous from a skill-set vantage point but he is relatively inexperienced fighting on the world stage, opposed to Pacquiao who has been fighting in front of a world audience since early 2009.

So for the record I'd rate Bradley the most dangerous opponent of the three for Pacquiao and here's why. Yes, Pacquiao is viewed by many as having won the first fight between them despite two of three judges scoring the fight in favor of Bradley. But let's be honest, Manny didn't look all world against Bradley the first time they met. In the rematch Pacquiao got off better and didn't wait for the perfect shot and ultimately out-worked Bradley earning a unanimous decision. But Pacquiao didn't look great or unbeatable against Bradley during their rematch either. I'm not sure after getting thoroughly out-boxed by Mayweather that fighting another guy who is going to move is such a great idea. Manny hasn't looked great in years and he's lost a step which makes him much more vulnerable to being out boxed by a fighter with speed who uses it...

If you break the styles down, Roach is going to advise Manny to be aggressive and to let his hands go, and that's great because he knows Bradley and Atlas don't want to get into a firefight. The problem is Manny is no longer the supernova he once was and needs to be set with basically a stationary opponent in front of him in order to get off good. He was never great at cutting off the ring and he’ll surely need to do that against Bradley. Atlas knows this and will convey to Bradley that as long as he keeps jabbing and turning, Pacquiao will forever be playing catch up. And you better believe Timothy will follow Atlas's instructions to the letter because he'll entrust his faith in whatever Atlas tells him and that will make him a better fighter and in his mind lead him to being victorious.

In the last three or four years, it's no secret that the current version of Pacquiao is stymied by foot speed and lateral movement. Bradley has quick hands and feet and when he cuts loose he is effective, as long as he doesn't foolishly attempt to stand there and trade with Pacquiao. If Bradley fights his fight and follows the fight plan that Atlas constructs, he'll give Pacquiao a very rough night and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he won by decision.

http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/...e-for-pacquiao

Comment

He went up in weight four times..>Four times the risk GGG is willing to take.

Comment

Major props to bradley! Cotto Bradley is a better fight anyway and its something fresh! Only if its at 147 though both they're natural weights

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                      Major props to bradley! Cotto Bradley is a better fight anyway and its something fresh! Only if its at 147 though both they're natural weights
                      Zero chance Cotto fights at 147 again.

Comment

Working...
                      X