Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My current supplements/diet story and what do you guys recommend for pre/post workout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My current supplements/diet story and what do you guys recommend for pre/post workout

Hi guys,
    I work out/train about 5/6 days a week.
    I would say i work out pretty hard and eat good but i don't see much gains ?
    I know its boxing i don't mean gains as in super big mass body builder etc [Im middleweight 72kg 180cm height]
    But i would want to be more ripped/ slightly bigger looking without putting weight or in other terms lose fat and increase muscle size and strength.

When i was taking ON WHEY protein, which caused acne, a loot of acne that took me months to figure out it was this. Most likely allergic to lactose or the hormones in whey, maybe because i was allergic my body rejected protein into building muscle ? i dont know exactly but i know i worked really really hard but had no much gains in term of looking.

When i stopped taking ON WHEY my acne disappeared, i started making my own dinner after day with chicken rice vegs, eat proper breakfast and i notice the gains within a month or two.

But it now stopped again and dont see any more gains my hands look skinny but not as much as it used to.

Anyway for those that don't care about my story here's the main point of thread

My supplements :
    Morning > just zinc&copper tablet [mostly for immune system and skin /acne]

Before workout >
    Pea protein isolate [myprotein] 24g of protein, mixed with 1 spoon or maca powder for hormone balance. + about 5-7grams of BCAA

After workout > proper meal usually, chicken/tuna with few vegs and either rice protein or protein pasta [myprotein]
    Recently i also added BCAA powder [Myprotein], as i read a lot about it that it helps with recovery
    But to be honest i didn't notice any improvement in muscle soreness, when i workout too hard [in class when coaches being too much] then i usually have sore muscles for about 3-4 days, which is quite annoying as sometimes i have to miss out days of working out/training.

My question is What are your supplements guys ?

What are your routines for after before workout and/ throughout the day

What do you think about beta-alanine supplement ? I read its good for muscle endurance, that you can work out harder + it prevents doms/muscle soreness.

I also realised that since long time im really tired/anxious and fatigued and researched about stuff and came that i might be most of vitamin B types deficient as i dont eat much foods that contain it.

I bought Vitamin RAW B Complex from garden of life with natural ingredients and enzymes but instead 2 will just take 1 tablet a day and see if my mood/energy levels increase.
    **Edit no it didnt increase mood or energy

I try to eat healthy and not use supplements that cause more harm than good, so i don't take supplements like ON brand anymore as they have a lot of artificial fillers sweeteners and everything they could put there, so when i take supplements now they mostly raw like 100% pea protein [by the way it taste so bad and creamy everytime i wanna throw up when i take it but i just chew banana while drinking it and it kills pea taste, i hate peas but i also hate acne but want some extra protein.

But yeah would be cool if you just post what are your routines and what are your supplements that you use and why.

Thanks !
    Last edited by i3arty; 12-10-2017, 11:45 AM.

I work out for mass, which I’m a hard gainer so I have a different diet than you. You might be lifting to heavy. Lower weight and raise reps. Use A LOT of resistance weight. (Cable machines) and cardio are really the main ways to get ripped.
    As far as supplements/ vitamins, I use fish oil, a multi vitamin, protein powder amino acids

Comment

track your macros and measure calories if you not seeing a difference. stick to your diet for a month and if you ain't seen any improvement then add 200 calories but make sure you keep lifting good. When you hit a plateau either add to your diet or switch up the exercises slightly to push through it

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
        I work out for mass, which I’m a hard gainer so I have a different diet than you. You might be lifting to heavy. Lower weight and raise reps. Use A LOT of resistance weight. (Cable machines) and cardio are really the main ways to get ripped.
        As far as supplements/ vitamins, I use fish oil, a multi vitamin, protein powder amino acids
        Fish oil is beneficial only when it's medical grade which is prohibitively expensive. Anything you're buying off the shelf is rancid and not worth your time as it doesn't have the same benefits.

Comment

Beta alanine is beneficial for boxing especially since it helps with anaerobic metabolism. It acts as a PH buffer so when you produce lactate and hydrogen ions it bonds with the hydrogen ions until you rest and recover.

The study below is of amateur boxers using beta alanine. You couldn't ask for a more relevant study.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22805175

Comment

Originally posted by HedonisticFrog View Post
            Fish oil is beneficial only when it's medical grade which is prohibitively expensive. Anything you're buying off the shelf is rancid and not worth your time as it doesn't have the same benefits.
            Had no idea. Thanks for the info, I’m going to look into it

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for reply especially the one with the study of b-alanine.
              But i also read that out of all fish oil ''krill oil'' has more benefits and works better than normal fish oil, it is bit more expensive in range 10-30£ average 20£ for 60 tablets.
              By the way, what do you think guys about this protein powder i found on amazon.

''PINK SUN Organic Whey Protein Concentrate Powder 1kg or 3kg (80% protein) ''
              the name on amazon as i cant post links yet
              It really looks like best thing i found so far .
              Hormone free, grass fed and all for a decent price 20£ for 1kg

Comment

Also i researched more about B-Alanine, and long term use of B-Alanine makes Taurine Deficiency.
                ''Taurine deficiency is probably not a practical concern with conservative beta-alanine supplementation (with breaks, to let cells accumulate taurine). Excessive usage of beta-alanine over a long period of time has not been studied in humans, however, so the possibility that it could lead to taurine deficiency cannot be ruled out. Severe muscle cramps can be a symptom of taurine deficiency and could serve as an indicator''

So it would mean i would have to take b-alanine with taurine to prevent it ?

Comment

Originally posted by HedonisticFrog View Post
                  Beta alanine is beneficial for boxing especially since it helps with anaerobic metabolism. It acts as a PH buffer so when you produce lactate and hydrogen ions it bonds with the hydrogen ions until you rest and recover.

The study below is of amateur boxers using beta alanine. You couldn't ask for a more relevant study.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22805175
                  Yep , i put my friends son on Beta Alanine 5 years ago who was on the wrestling team . He won state championship that year . I guess it'll be on banned substance list too in boxing after this post ? ...lol ...idiots .

Comment

Originally posted by i3arty View Post
                    Also i researched more about B-Alanine, and long term use of B-Alanine makes Taurine Deficiency.
                    ''Taurine deficiency is probably not a practical concern with conservative beta-alanine supplementation (with breaks, to let cells accumulate taurine). Excessive usage of beta-alanine over a long period of time has not been studied in humans, however, so the possibility that it could lead to taurine deficiency cannot be ruled out. Severe muscle cramps can be a symptom of taurine deficiency and could serve as an indicator''

So it would mean i would have to take b-alanine with taurine to prevent it ?
                    You dont take anything without cycling off it . So there should be no issue ...a 3 month on 1 month off or so regimine .

Comment

Working...
                    X