No announcement yet.

too tense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• too tense

theres an ex pro comes to our gym every friday (heres the link to his record http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=39611 ) hes not got the greatest record but this was when boxing was boxing if u get me , when he was amatures they didnt use headgear and he had to retire from boxing after failing a brain scan anyways he was watching me hooking and he says im far to tense with my upperbody and i watched myself in the mirror and i am really tense up top but cant seem to relax , anyone got anything tht will help me , Thanks

I would guess that shodowboxing will help your form and help you feel more relaxed when you throw your punches. Go at a pretty slow pace so you are just naturally throwing them, not trying too much with your speed or anything, just stay relaxed shadowbox.

Comment

youre probly using your core muscles too much and not enough of your hips. make sure then when you turn your body into the hook, youre powering with your legs first, then your core. know what i mean?

Comment

Youll loosen up in time. There is no hurrying what can only be learned in time.

Rockin'

Comment

Loosen up your hands abit when until you are about connect and use your legs and hips. Power comes from the ground up. Peace

Comment

have your corner man replaced with a hooker and get blown in between rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by saq26
              youre probly using your core muscles too much and not enough of your hips. make sure then when you turn your body into the hook, youre powering with your legs first, then your core. know what i mean?
              I doubt he's even using the core and its all upper body. Very good advice though with the lower body. punches start from legs to pivot hips and core to throw the hook and not just the upper body.

If you are to tight up top your punches will lack power, speed, and explosiveness.

You need to turn some music up shadow box just practicing throwing punches from the legs and using the hip. Go on the heavy bags and practive throwing hooks to the body and use the similiar motion to throw up top by rasing the arm instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Floydmayweather
                Loosen up your hands abit when until you are about connect and use your legs and hips. Power comes from the ground up. Peace
                yeah thanks man , i usually have my fists clenched all the tym ive been trying lately just to clench them as they are about to connect , peace

Comment

Jab and hook the double end bag. You can't be tense and get your arm around fast enough to hit it. Take all the power off, and just go for speed.

Comment

Working...
                  X