No announcement yet.

Jake The Snake and DDP try to help Scott Hall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mud View Post
    Right. Its entertainment. Violent pantomime.

There is a woman at my work who must be almost 50 who loves it. She is quiet and intelligent enough. I never would have guessed she would be such a fan.
    Like i said, i personally just dont get it. Yes, its entertainment, but how adults enjoy i cant understand.

I still enjoy it. For one, because it's something to do on a Monday night, start of the work week. If they ever made the mistake of changing to Wednesday Night Raw, I'm done with em'. The same way I used to keep up with Thursday Night Smackdown back in the early 2000's, but once they changed it to Friday I stopped keeping up a while after.

Two, I enjoy it differently now than when I was in High School. Just as a fanboy critic of their characters progression, regression, who is a heel, who is a babyface. I more enjoy keeping up with their politics and backstage info then anything else. I suspect that's what most do who are long time fans.

Comment

as an adult, this is still entertaining to me

they don't make them like that anymore so there's no point in watching it now.

Comment

Scott Hall has arrived at DDP's place to try and get clean

Comment

According to Kevin Nash (who knows Scott better than anybody else), Hall and Page had this set up for over 2 moths, and this is all just a work set up by DDP to get promotion for his program.

"Scott told everyone 2 months ago he was going to DDP'S going to be there that weekend. Show me the tape when he walks in the door...
          "This is my friends life,not a PSA. You want the truth? It's not for you to know."

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            According to Kevin Nash (who knows Scott better than anybody else), Hall and Page had this set up for over 2 moths, and this is all just a work set up by DDP to get promotion for his program.
            What Nash was saying there was that DDP had tried to get him to come but Hall didn't show up then, he's there now.

Jake Roberts was a terrible mess when he showed up 3 months ago, and now he looks and sounds great.

I think DDP is just trying to help, he has a rep as a good dude, where Nash has a rep as an *******, I know who i'm more inclined to belive

Comment

damn

Comment

When it comes to matters of Hall, I always take Nash's words over anybody else's.

Nash doesn't deserve the bad rep he gets from fans for being an assh*le, either. I mean, yeah - The guy earned a ton of money and never put in much work for it while in WCW, but who the **** didn't? Everybody there was getting millions of dollars for doing next to nothing, so who in their right mind would step up and be like "this isn't right guys, we should earn this money by breaking ourselves in half every night."?

Nobody.

Nash is one of the most intelligent dudes the business has ever seen, and he's actually a pretty nice guy to people who treat him fairly.

Comment

On the issue of Roberts : He is the smartest guy the industry ever saw.

Comment

I don't keep up with wrestling and haven't for the past 13-14 years, but I did a little research on this whole Jake Roberts recovery thing, and it's pretty goddamn remarkable and inspiring.

I was a big fan of Jake's back in the late 80s and early 90s when I was just a boy, and I know his life turned to **** through years of drug and alcohol abuse, so it's nice to see how far he's come from the hole he was in. Even better was when I found out that there are still enough fans out there of his to raise more than enough money for him to have the surgery he's in desperate need of.

Kinda made me wonder why the mainstream media doesn't show inspiring stories like this more often. I mean, I know it was reported on quite a few websites and whatnot, but the videos he's uploaded to youtube could be really inspirational to a lot of people who are suffering through similar experiences.

Comment

I still keep up with it here and there...good to see hall finally make it out....i got a friend that runs a wrestling website and from what he says nash is a p.o.s .....even went as far to mock lawlers stroke on a live taping of raw....so i dont believe a word from that scumbag...u see what ddp did with jake hope the same can happen with hall....

Comment

Working...
                      X