No announcement yet.

Potential IBHOF inductees

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    Theres quite a few HoFs, I know Gaspar is in a few. The Mexican HoF ofcourse and the Conn, and N.Y and N.J and now that I think about it I think he was inducted last year to the big one!! If not they should open the door he is a worthy ambassador for boxing he is one of the nicest and kindest men I've ever met! As most pro Fighters are! Ray.
    Gaspar is in the New Jersey and Conn. Boxing Hall of Fames, not the New York one. I had the pleasure of inducting him into the New Jersey Boxing Hall of Fame back in 2003.

Comment

I'd guess he should be in the NY HoF he certainly fought there enough hahaha!!! I saw current pics of him the other day and my old friend got old!!! I guess I'm blind when I look in the mirror hahaha it seems like yesterday when he was showing how to get deep into an opponent and add the shoulders into the uppercuts!!! He was not someone to fight inside, he could fight in there with anyone! Emile learned that and stayed on the outside!
      Eeryone talks about Chavez and the Mexican greats from the 70s on up but all of those guys idolized "El Indio" he was a tuff S.O.B. and proved it all the time! He's still at 155lbs could be at 146 in a few days easily hahaha!!! Ray

Comment

Wilfredo Vazquez Sr?

3-Div. Champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          I'd guess he should be in the NY HoF he certainly fought there enough hahaha!!! I saw current pics of him the other day and my old friend got old!!! I guess I'm blind when I look in the mirror hahaha it seems like yesterday when he was showing how to get deep into an opponent and add the shoulders into the uppercuts!!! He was not someone to fight inside, he could fight in there with anyone! Emile learned that and stayed on the outside!
          Eeryone talks about Chavez and the Mexican greats from the 70s on up but all of those guys idolized "El Indio" he was a tuff S.O.B. and proved it all the time! He's still at 155lbs could be at 146 in a few days easily hahaha!!! Ray
          The New York Boxing Hall of Fame just started last year so he has a long wait. I am on that Committee as well and in a few weeks we be voting on the 2nd Class. Right now it's just for New York fighters and contributors.

Comment

I forgot how many NY fights he had but I know at one time or still he had more televised bouts than any other fighter. I think the vast majority were out of the Garden and St. Nicks!
            I've never understood why commitees wait on an induction when its obvious a person will be in there hall! Most recently MLB made fools of themselves by allowing Ron Santo to sit and wait for all those years then the poor man passes and then he's inducted. Those sports writers are lucky my name isn't Santo! So befoe I jinx my old friend let him in, I can assure you that you'll never have a more appreciative inductee! No such thing as a boring "El Indio" bout! Ray.

Comment

johnson is no hall of famer. he knows me and will let me know by mail that i suck because i am supposed to be his bro. heres the thing marc didn't want to fight carbahal only because he wanted to be the headliner and not carbahal. he felt he was more the accomplished fighter but the networks know fans would tune in if carbahal was fighting. not many casual boxing fans even knew whi johnson was. promoters were glad when he lost and was gone forever. we used to talk about this all the time. i wasn't against him i just wanted him to take the fight. do it in the ring and not some silly promotional BC / pride etc

Comment

Working...
              X