Too much hype for Mares he is a dirty fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lmao. look who showed up on cue.

Comment

LOLL look at Fantastic revealing his obssession for Cotto.

Anyways,Mares had fought the best in his division despite Chemito coming up to weight but his pressure is a poor Mexican mans pressure.He.needs to tweek that it.

Comment

i've seen the fight and saw a clean hi-paced fight. nothing wrong with protecting yourself in the ring. mares-donaire should definetly be made before donaire decides to move up (may salido, but definitely not garcia)

Comment

Stopped at page 1. Mares did fine, and will give Donaire some serious problems. What I hope ya'll give Abner credit for is showing a different side to his game. He just showed us last night that he can adjust his style to deal with a technical boxer, and THAT says quite a bit to me.

Comment

This was my fourth time watching Mares fight and I'm yet to be impressed. I wouldn't go as far to say he's a dirty fighter, but he does lead with his head and throw a ton of low blows. I know, I know Hopkins, Cotto, etc are known to use dirty tricks at times. The difference between them and Mares is skill/boxing IQ. They are smart enough to do it when the refs/judges can't see it. Mares employs his tactics right in front of the refs and they seem to ignore it. The moment he gets in the ring with a decent referee or skilled fighter that knows when to throw a uppercut Mares is in for a world of trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by AP♠ View Post
              LOLL look at Fantastic revealing his obssession for Cotto.

Anyways,Mares had fought the best in his division despite Chemito coming up to weight but his pressure is a poor Mexican mans pressure.He.needs to tweek that it.
              Sure....I'm just calling out one of your butt buddies on his hypocrisy. You can't even debunk it either so you go the "obsession/hater" route.

His pressure isn't all that bad. I do agree it needs tweaks.

Comment

Coming in with his head and hitting you low if you push it away has worked for him against the best in his division give the impression that He couldn't beat them without those tactics. It takes away from his credits, that's for sure.

Comment

Ware Mares!

Why hate, just roll with it or be forced to take a KNEE!

Comment

Mares comes to fight, this dudes come to hold him cause they cant stop him with punches, so they hold his head, they turn there side try to run away while Mares keeps punching, box his head off if he comes in with his head it should be easier to uppercut him right??? or straight right???, seems to me he has smart pressure with decent defense

Mares chase that dude around the ring n drop him, lol suppossely Mares was gona get exposed lol

Comment

I get it now. Everytime a rican say something you need to bring Cotto or just the fact he is rican. If you didnt see the low blows and the rushing with the head you are worst than any nationalistic Cotto stan. He fought dirty and is not the first time it happens. I dont give a F what Cotto done in the past, Mares fought dirty again.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X