Is pacquiao a Pressure Fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is pacquiao a Pressure Fighter?

????????????????

He can apply pressure when he wants, but it isn't as effective as when he can comfortably zip in and out against guys and butcher them with the same combo over and over again. That is what always makes me laugh when the Pac diehards talk about everyone running from Pac and not being willing to stand and trade. Really what they want is someone to stand in front of Pac and trade while he goes in and out and boxes circles around them.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
      He can apply pressure when he wants, but it isn't as effective as when he can comfortably zip in and out against guys and butcher them with the same combo over and over again. That is what always makes me laugh when the Pac diehards talk about everyone running from Pac and not being willing to stand and trade. Really what they want is someone to stand in front of Pac and trade while he goes in and out and boxes circles around them.
      /Thread........................................

Comment

hes not really. imo hes a swarmer. hes doesnt use his footwork to pressure as mentioned above he jumps in, swarms and jumps out. hes also not good at cutting off the ring, thats why it makes no sense to stand in front of him in the center of the ring. with that said, there have been some good posters who have described him as apressure fighter like irondan, so it depends on your definition.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          hes not really. imo hes a swarmer. hes doesnt use his footwork to pressure as mentioned above he jumps in, swarms and jumps out. hes also not good at cutting off the ring, thats why it makes no sense to stand in front of him in the center of the ring. with that said, there have been some good posters who have described him as apressure fighter like irondan, so it depends on your definition.
          A swarmer is a pressure fighter

Comment

NO...he need space to get off with his Speedy, so I would say he works better from the outside and when he is able to dart in and out

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
              A swarmer is a pressure fighter
              not to me, different type of fighter. let me change that, there are certain swarmers that fight with a pressure style, then there are others that dont. so yea, a swarmer can be a pressure fighter. but they arent necessarily the same thing. jake lamotta is a pressure fighter but he isnt necessarily a swarmer
              Last edited by Kagami Taiga; 08-07-2012, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                excellent post again DLM!!

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  not to me, different type of fighter. let me change that, there are certain swarmers that fight with a pressure style, then there are others that dont. so yea, a swarmer can be a pressure fighter. but they arent necessarily the same thing. jake lamotta is a pressure fighter but he isnt necessarily a swarmer
                  don't you mean all swarmers are pressure fighters but not all pressure fighters are swarmers?

Comment

I think PAC is a lot like Duran..They are skilled pressure fighters..

Comment

Working...
                    X