No announcement yet.

Fury paid 5 million for each come back fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fury paid 5 million for each come back fight

Why on Earth did Frank pay Fury 5 mil to fight Seferi and then 5 mil to Pianeta (on an undercard I think)?

Seems super excessive, any thoughts?

Because Hearn is killing him and he has no fighters. Couldn't afford Fury going to Hearn.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      Because Hearn is killing him and he has no fighters. Couldn't afford Fury going to Hearn.
      Hearn is doing a great job and is definitely the dominant force in the UK, but from the outside looking in, it does appear Warren has been recovering thanks to BT, just as Arum has improved his position thanks to ESPN.

There's no question that Hearn dominates the UK and Haymon dominates the US, but Arum is a very strong #2 right now in the US and Warren seems to be a strong #2 in the UK. Is this incorrect? Difficult to fully understand the market not living over there.

Comment

Hoping to make up for it when the big PPV fights come.

Comment

He had to secure a fury deal competing with Hearn who did offer Fury 3 fights but none were to furys liking from what ive read. Its weird however ,fury complained about being rushed with Hearns choices but then jumps on wilder ,my business sense tells me the actual money that's guaranteed to Fury is the result in what he thinks will be an easier fight with Wilder.

Warren is figuring he gets a Joshua fight one way or another and makes up that money. Should fury win all the belts money isn't an issue, Warren has to believe it will happen so its worth paying Fury big dollars now. It may also be in furys contract that he is guaranteed certain amount.

Comment

Very high pay for fighting those two cherry picks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
              Why on Earth did Frank pay Fury 5 mil to fight Seferi and then 5 mil to Pianeta (on an undercard I think)?

Seems super excessive, any thoughts?
              Probably to get the second biggest names in british boxing and to launch the BT box office platform.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                Hearn is doing a great job and is definitely the dominant force in the UK, but from the outside looking in, it does appear Warren has been recovering thanks to BT, just as Arum has improved his position thanks to ESPN.

There's no question that Hearn dominates the UK and Haymon dominates the US, but Arum is a very strong #2 right now in the US and Warren seems to be a strong #2 in the UK. Is this incorrect? Difficult to fully understand the market not living over there.
                I think the Wilder vs Fury fight obviously a huge fight. That has done wonders for Warren.

However, aside from Fury who is obviously the biggest name in his stable, BT haven't really put on any shows that rival Sky's. It's a very distant second place i'd say.

The warrington vs selby card was a pretty good one, but other than that, Warren's cards mainly consist of:

Dubois vs no-hoper
                Yarde vs no-hoper
                Ohara Davies

And a bunch of lighter weight fighters that no one cares about. He hasn't even put on a Billy Joe Saunders fight in 2 years - and even that was a complete stinker in a leisure center.

I am looking forward to the Warrington vs Frampton fight though, I hope it's not going to clash with Whyte vs Ortiz / Chisora (which it looks like it will).

Comment

Working...
                X