Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Charles Martin a Step Backwards From Whyte In Quality Of Opposition For Joshua?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Martin is on par with Whyte. Idk that I'd consider Martin a step up or step down so much as a sideways step.

I hadn't heard about the sparring thing, but sparring is exactly that sparring & that often gets brought up with little regard to the finer points like if someone was inactive, if someone was at the height of his training camp, at a lower/higher weight, if it took place 3yrs ago among other factors that would play into things. . Anyone got any more details about Whyte & Martin sparring?

Comment

Nope.

Regardless of level, the fact that it's a world title fight amplifies everything and makes it the biggest fight of his career. The pressure and the prize up for grabs is an important step that he wouldn't get at British level.

P.s. I think Dillian Whyte is crap, so it's not a step back in that aspect either.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        No. Sparring is not "reality". It's practice and people practice differently. When you ask two guys to give 25%, is one better because he's giving 30% instead?

That said, Martin is not going to be much of a challenge, IMO.
        I know what you mean but sometimes sparring can be indicative of how a pro bout might play out, sometimes far from it. Obviously if one guy is just starting camp, he's at 20% and the other one is already peaking, he's at 90%, then the spar is no indicator of the "reality" of a pro bout. That I can agree with. If they're both sparring when they're peaking then it can be a useful indicator..

Comment

Whose knows 1st time a saw martin was when he won the belt it was also the 1st time I saw Szpilka who was also fighting for a strap. What a night of champions lol

Comment

Working...
          X