Fernando Vargas and Ike Quartey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont get it

Comment

I don't either. Are fernando vargas and Ike Quartey fighting each other?

Comment

I don't really have a problem with the Canelo-Mosley fight, as shot as Shane is he will still be the best fighter (sadly) Canelo has faced at this point. Quillin hasn't faced anybody good either so Winky will be a good test for him as well. It's a good marketing scheme, put the up and coming future stars against well known (albeit old) boxing names and it will catch more of the casual fans interest to buy. Put on more competitive fights with lesser known names, like say Canelo-Molina and Quillin-Lee, and most people will not even pay attention to the undercard and wait till the main event so what good does that do to the stars they're building up? So to the public this is a very "stacked" card in terms of name value and causal fan recognition. "Oh that Mexican red head kid is fighting Mosley on the undercard?". "Hey who's that new kid beating up Winky Wright?", you get the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
          I don't either. Are fernando vargas and Ike Quartey fighting each other?
          i think the OP is making fun of the fact that the undercard of cotto-mayweather has old, past their prime fighters facing younger fighters in order to "seemingly" stack the card.

so using vargas and quartey wouldnt be that far of a stretch.

but thats just how i see it.

Comment

Working...
          X