Nick gets next title shot.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick gets next title shot.

arielhelwani Ariel Helwani
    Dana says GSP "flipped out" after hearing Nick's comment. GSP-Diaz is next.

ufc UFC
    Dana has never seen gsp the way he was tonight - nick will fight gsp - condit has agreed to wait

GSP said: "he's the most disrespectful human being I've ever met and I'm going to put the worst beating on him."

Dana says Condit has agreed to step aside. They are looking to make Diaz-GSP on super bowl weekend. Condit vs TBD will be on the card too.

By "Put the worst beating on him" GSP actually means "Hold him down for 5 rounds and try and do just enough to keep the ref from standing us up."

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
      By "Put the worst beating on him" GSP actually means "Hold him down for 5 rounds and try and do just enough to keep the ref from standing us up."
      Lol it looked like it got to GSP I couldnt control myself when it was all happening

Comment

Very classy move by Condit and makes the most sense since diaz earned it by whooping bj. Gonna be a sick fight! Diaz gonna make it interesting hopefully Jake can help with his wrestling but diaz reach could be huge here. Hope diaz whoops that ass!

Comment

He'll get Sonnen to help with his wrestling too. Condit's manager said Condit didn't step aside. GSP chose Nick, apparently earlier Nick was talking **** to him in a hallway....

Comment

NorCal stand up!! Bitter sweet because I love BJ but I'm happy Nick finally has the light shining on him.

I told my lil bro that Nicks height and reach is going to be a big problem...he wasn't convinced because of BJs legendary status...didn't get to watch it, feel like i missed a really good one.

Comment

Originally posted by SincereDaGreat View Post
              NorCal stand up!! Bitter sweet because I love BJ but I'm happy Nick finally has the light shining on him.

I told my lil bro that Nicks height and reach is going to be a big problem...he wasn't convinced because of BJs legendary status...didn't get to watch it, feel like i missed a really good one.
              I feel the same way...BJ & Diaz always been my fave fighters.
              I hope Nick goes HARD on GSP BEFORE the fight. Get in his head. Talk about his lay-n-pray or as we'll call it from now on "Tebowing"! LOL!

Key is head games before the fight. Nick will lay it on thick! And unlike Kos he can back it up with better technique and strikiing and JJ and just overall physical traits. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Comment

Sorry fellas Nick is gettin his a$$ beat worst then Fitch did. And im in no way a Diaz hater, although he always pisses and moans and complains about anything and everything I love his style of fighting, the combination/volume punching, the sick submission game, his willingness to stand when he can make his life easier by using his BJJ. I mean how sick was that brief time on the mat BJ and Nick had??

But I gotta call it like I see it, like it or not GSP runs the welterweight division and hes on another level. And im saying this as a guy who would watch a Nick fight over a GSP fight any day. Nick is NOT stopping those takedowns, I wont say he has no chance submitting GSP but I dont think it will happen, and GSP is fired up, bad combo.

To be honest I dont believe Nick can beat Jon Fitch although while I feel GSP can stand with Nick (albeit not for an overextended amount of time) I know Fitches only chance of winning is to take it to the ground.

All praise to Carlos Condit, aside from the legendary Chuck Liddell I dont see anyone agreeing to go from a title shot to a #1 Contenders match especially after they were guarenteed a title shot, I know I sure as hell wouldnt have moved aside.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                  He'll get Sonnen to help with his wrestling too. Condit's manager said Condit didn't step aside. GSP chose Nick, apparently earlier Nick was talking **** to him in a hallway....
                  Although it came from Condits manager, thats still Condit stepping aside. GSP can chose all he wants, Condit still has to agree to step aside particularly after he signed the contract. He musta got paid a nice bonus, plus like a true warrior he still taking a contenders fight when he coulda pulled a rashad and waited for the winner (no offense rashad lol big fan).

I know the stand up was sick but im still not over that brief ground battle penn and nick had, top notch BJJ displayed by both men

Comment

Nice to see a place like Stockton have the oppertunity to have a native as a UFC champ.
                    Im in a similar position as Stockton natives, im from Newark, NJ which is a rough area like Stockton but our neighborhoods dont get much shine because rappers aint hollering out our cities and cuz when ppl think cali they auto think LA while Newark is the quiet cousin to NYC (i can hop on the train and be in manhattan in less then an hour).

Oh yea when I say our neighborhoods arent the easiest to grow up in im not saying it to brag or do some ghetto show off. My city as well as some neighboring towns average 30-50+ murders a year according to the Star Ledger, the top Newspaper in NJ, and Stockton made the top ten list for most dangerous cites in 2011 on a piece MSN.com did ealier in the year.

Sorry for getting completely off subject im just blasted lol

Comment

Working...
                    X