Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gonzalez vs Hasegawa full fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for Gonzalez. He really needed this one.
    Hasegawa on the other hand, man, that guys career has gone south in a hurry. I wonder what he does from here.

Comment

I love the Aoh-Gutierrez KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
        He set him up with the jab to the body over and over again. Then....BAM right to the jaw.
        I saw him using the jab to the body in every round except the fourth round. He caught Hase with a left hand feint to the body with a crushin right over the top. That ***** was beautiful, textbook usage of a feint IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by -EAGLE- View Post
          if it's not already posted & if you missed it

Gonzalez set it up well.

He feinted to the body, Hasegawa bit on it, and boom.

Comment

not a terrible stoppage but a bit quick imo.

he was clearly badly hurt and would probably have been flattened if the ref let it go on. then again fights arent stopped when fighters are hurt, they are stopped when they cant intelligently defend themselfs.

hasegawa was hurt but he wasnt too wobbly and he knew were he was at, i think as a champion u should give him the chance to get himself out of trouble and get back in the fight.

good fight regardless.

Comment

I'm not seeing why people were saying Hasegawa was controlling the fight till then...

Round one - not much happened till the end, Gonzalez lands combo to steal it

Round two - once again not much happening here. They landing some body punches but a lot are glancing. Johnny has horrible balance.

Round three - not much happens till the end Hasegawa takes over a bit but also gets hit.

Comment

I thought it was a bad stoppage, but I'll give him his props none the less. Hasegawa clearly had everything together and was walking around and talking with his corner with no problem. He knew where he was and I'm sure he would have recovered. Knowing Hasegawa, he has a giant heart when he gets hit. I mean the man refused to go down against Montiel after getting his jaw broken and being hit flush at least 10 times afterward and still had the strength to hold onto the ropes. If there is a rematch, which I think there should be, I see Hasegawa taking it because I know he'll be demoralized after two KO losses and would probably reevaluate his style against power punchers. Plus, it was pretty apparent that Jhonny was having problems with Hozumi's speed and couldn't get off well. Aside from the KO, Jhonny really only landed when Hozumi let him, which was the first round where Hozumi stood there and wanted to try and trade. Nobody should use this fight to discredit Hasegawa considering this is two weight classes above his best against a big, powerful fighter. Hozumi doesn't have the power to knock him out either, he would have had to last twelve rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by britton View Post
                  I love the Aoh-Gutierrez KO.
                  You and Me both bruh. He slipped the left hook and dug a vicious right hook to the body.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                    Horrible stoppage he did not look badly hurt to me.
                    He looks hurt to me but he's in better conditon to fight than Montiel. The ref should have let it went on and see how Hasegawa recover.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                      Horrible stoppage he did not look badly hurt to me.
                      yeah lets kill him shall we?... He'd end up like that guy in your avatar...

Comment

Working...
                      X