No announcement yet.

NIGEL BENN has dismissed Naseem Hamed as a boxing fake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIGEL BENN has dismissed Naseem Hamed as a boxing fake

NIGEL BENN has dismissed Naseem Hamed as a boxing fake who reached the top by fighting old men and nobodies.

The former WBC super-middleweight world champion lashed Hamed in a no-holds-barred attack after the featherweight's dismal display against Manuel Calvo last Saturday.

Benn, 38, is steaming mad Hamed, who blamed a damaged hand for the stinker against Spaniard Calvo, questioned the Dark Destroyer's bravery in the ring.

Following his laboured points win, Hamed said: "Even though I hurt my hand so much, I still wanted to let it go.

"I remember the time when me and Nigel Benn boxed on the same bill and he sat on his stool and wouldn't come out and fight when he fought Steve Collins.

"I don't know how a champion can sit on his stool and do that. You can chop my arms and legs off, I'm coming out to fight."

But Benn blasted: "How dare he use my name to try to dig himself out of a problem of his own making.

"He has come out at the London Arena and shown us absolutely nothing new, you can tell by his attitude that all he wanted to do was run the show.

"It's not boxing with him - it's just a gimmick, he simply does not know how to knuckle down. Hamed needs to prove himself - he has come into boxing on a fake passport, his application was made by fighting old champions and nobodies.

"It's about time he got a real one, only I don't think his application will be passed if he ever fights Marco Antonio Barrera again.

"Hamed has been exposed as a fake. He has reached the top but everybody has sussed him out.

null
    REAL DEAL? ... Hamed is a fake, according to Benn

"He should have handled the post-fight stuff gracefully but it was down to everyone else except him.

"He's giving it all the Fresh Prince but to me it was stale. He danced on his way to the ring and that was about all the excitement the crowd got - he just threw single punches.

"Get him a shot at a warrior who has real ambition and he will not pass the test."

Benn was involved in explosive ring wars with Gerald McClellan, Iran Barkley, Michael Watson, Chris Eubank and Collins. He quit boxing in November 1996 after two consecutive defeats to Collins.

The second ended with Benn, who had just five losses in a 48-fight career, failing to come out for the seventh round.

Hamed's hopes of retiring as undefeated WBO world featherweight champion crashed when he was beaten by Mexican Barrera last April.

Barrera exposed deep flaws in Hamed's fight technique and easily won the bout on points. The Prince returned 13 months later to face Calvo - but it was a far from glorious comeback.

null
    HAM AND DREGS ... Hamed labours in his win over Calvo

Hamed, 28, branded the fans ignorant after they booed his performance, with many walking out long before the final bell.

Benn added: "If Hamed ever gets back in the ring with Barrera, the Mexican will wipe the floor with him yet again - only next time it will be easier for him. He has turned on me but I gave what the public demand - value for money - and I never had one complaint for as long as the fight lasted.

"I fought real wars against the likes of Doug de Witt, Collins, Watson, Eubank, McClellan, Barkley.

"The British public were my life and soul. Those fans got me through fights, they are the ones who willed me to win and I responded.

"Don't give me the bad knuckles c**p. Stop it! Don't give me or anybody else that. There's not a fighter in the world who comes out of a 12-round fight without bruised hands.

"As for quitting on my stool against Collins, he obviously isn't aware that I bet £100,000 on myself to beat him.

"Hamed has never been in a war like me. He has only ever fought old champions like Tom 'Boom Boom' Johnson and he couldn't hurt a fly.

"Forget the Ali shuffle stuff and the running on the spot, Hamed needs real fights not fakes.

"And what a crock of s*** it is when we hear a boxer say he's going to be a legend.

"I let the fight public make up their minds about me - they loved me and I loved them back."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0ZGzbrIKJ

Hamad was a far better boxer than Nigel Benn, i would say its Benn who beat a bunch of `old men`.. Nigel was taken to school by Sugarboy Malinga, Nigel was a good puncher but not a great boxer Hamad could box and punch

Comment

Old article.

Regardless, Benn >>>>>>>>>>>>> Hamed

Comment

Benn>>>>>>>>>>>Hamed

Comment

This is an old article.

Comment

War Benn!!

Comment

Nas was class but his downfall was all self infliced.
              I do prefer the warrior in Benn...

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                Hamad was a far better boxer than Nigel Benn, i would say its Benn who beat a bunch of `old men`.. Nigel was taken to school by Sugarboy Malinga, Nigel was a good puncher but not a great boxer Hamad could box and punch
                Not disagreeing with you but Naz hasn't got anyone as good as McClellan on his resume.

Comment

Benn never liked hamed. Benn said he would punch Naz up in the air.
                  But naz was a dissapointment. When it was going well for him, he looked good. But when things didnt go his way, ie against barrera. He had no answers. Didnt even want a rematch because he knew he didnt have what it took.

Comment

Old Article.........................

Comment

Working...
                    X