No announcement yet.

since you guys run 5+ miles a day...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• since you guys run 5+ miles a day...

...do you guys experience a runner's high every time? how long into the run does it kick in? just wondering.

I wouldnt say I ever get a runners high. I usually struggle for the first couple of miles, and after that it all seems to come easier and I can pick up the pace without feeling it that much.

When I'm finished I'm ****in knackered though!

Comment

I only ever experienced runners high if I run on a treadmill at 9+ mph speed.
      Usually after long runs I experience cramps and upset stomach.

Comment

Take some caffeine before you run for a high

Comment

No such thing, running is the devils exercise...

Id rather move furniture for 5 hours then run for 1.

Comment

i dont run 5 miles a day, i do about 3 or 4 miles 3x a week minimum and i do honestly get a runners high every time. only when i do it with my headphones on and at a slower pace. if im sprinting or going very fast i feel like nothing but ****. lol

Comment

never heard of this before :P...sounds interesting and i think i have felt it sometimes but at very low intensity. it must be great to feel it every time i run, i would have no problem running if that was the case xD.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramamaiden View Post
                never heard of this before :P...sounds interesting and i think i have felt it sometimes but at very low intensity. it must be great to feel it every time i run, i would have no problem running if that was the case xD.
                I get it after 40 minutes or so.. pretty much never get it on my regular 4 mile runs, just feel tired after

Comment

Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post
                  No such thing, running is the devils exercise...

Id rather move furniture for 5 hours then run for 1.
                  Yeah, no kiddin'. Running is by far the most effective calorie burning/stamina building cardio workout out there, but I hate it with a passion.

Comment

I enjoy it once I am done as I feel rejuvenated and full of energy for the day. But what on earth is a runners high? Can someone please elaborate.

Comment

Working...
                    X